Sign in to follow this  
ArjenVdv

Anyone using NGX + GTX 670/GTX 680?

I'm using a MSI GTX670 OC 2GB and it's a very nice graphic card with good perfs in FSX

a 680 or 690 could be better so i don't want to wast to many money for computer hardware, i keep it for real flying :)

The other change I had to make in this cfg was to remove the Bufferpool settings. Jim from the hardware forum helped me to fix this as I had frequent corrupted images when switching from FS menus to cockpit. I really enjoy a very good flight sim experience now.

Doesn't this drop FPS a lot?

If you're using Word Not Allowed's tweak, what FPS limiter are you running then?

I'm using a MSI GTX670 OC 2GB and it's a very nice graphic card with good perfs in FSX

a 680 or 690 could be better so i don't want to wast to many money for computer hardware, i keep it for real flying :)

Could you please try something for me? Apply this tweak and report back if you got rid of all (micro)stutters, it should give a 100% fluid and smooth FSX experience: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/369500-adaptive-vsync-30fps-new-levels-of-smoothness-in-fs9x/

I'm running twin 680's in an PC, specifically built for FSX.

It is without doubt the best FSX machine I've ever built.

It does not stutter and I don't even have it OC'd.

However, this machine has quite a spec and the 680's may not be solely attributable to it's performance. It's an ASUS Rampage 4 Extreme, i7-3960X, 32GB Ram, Water-cooled, and an OCZ Revo 3x 2 PCI-E SSD.

I don't care about frames, only smoothness,and it's still in testing so I can't offer any details there.

The things that separated this from any other unit I've built were the deep rich colours and shade that were rendered. It was quite unlike anything before.

My Server unit (this PC) has a GTX580 in it, and it's chalk and cheese.

Good luck with the decision, mate.

Frank

I am not using any limiter from within or without FSX. As mentioned above my image is stable and fluid at all stages of the flight.

I applied Kostas Tweak - thanks for the link - and, according to the first Q&D results, see an improvement. I still have some stutters though, especially in turns. Might be related to the resolution 3280x1024. However, the overall experience is still fine for me and fluid. I'll might make another test with only one monitor (1920x1080) on the weekend. However, any result i'll achieve will not be able to stand as a valid comparison between a 580 and the 680.

Joerg Alvermann
Win10 Pro 64Bit - i9-9900KS - GTX980Ti 6GB - 5760x1200

I applied Kostas Tweak - thanks for the link - and, according to the first Q&D results, see an improvement. I still have some stutters though, especially in turns. Might be related to the resolution 3280x1024. However, the overall experience is still fine for me and fluid. I'll might make another test with only one monitor (1920x1080) on the weekend. However, any result i'll achieve will not be able to stand as a valid comparison between a 580 and the 680.

Ok thanks for testing. The stutter problem might be related to the driver, because NVIDIA admitted that there is stutter problem with VSync caused by the driver, there will be a fix for it in June, but I dunno if it will fix anything in FSX. It depends, whether this stutter problem is only driver related, or game, or both'.

I applied Kostas Tweak

Just wondering, what's the other hardware you're using?

I decided to wait until June, when NVIDIA has released their new drivers which should fix the VSync stutter problem that the 6xx cards have. Then I will ask back about Word Not Allowed's tweak. If it isn't fixed for FSX I will just get a GTX 580.

Thinking of [icking one of these up myself

I see you are using a GTX480. If you plan to really push your sim hard in heavy clouds and pump in high AA levels, then I would definitely recommend a new Nvidia Kepler card.

If you can afford it, a GTX670 would be ideal.

My 670 is great however I still get shimmering textures that I can't get rid of.

My 670 is great however I still get shimmering textures that I can't get rid of.

What are your AA settings in Nvidia Inspector?

8xS and 4xSSGSS. I've tried every combo nothing gets rid of them that I've been able to find.

8xS and 4xSSGSS. I've tried every combo nothing gets rid of them that I've been able to find.

That's very strange. Are you sure that Nvidia Inspector is actually working?

Definitley working for AA no Jaggies on my plane etc. I'm not sure it's injecting sgss thinking over uninstalling the drivers and resetting it all up to see.

I see you are using a GTX480. If you plan to really push your sim hard in heavy clouds and pump in high AA levels, then I would definitely recommend a new Nvidia Kepler card.

If you can afford it, a GTX670 would be ideal.

I want to try and get rid of the autogen flashes, the microstuttering,

I am happy with the overal performance [down to the processor] but I want to increase the smoothness of the sim, better view changes, less flashes etc.

Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK