Sign in to follow this  
mhking

Can I run fsx with this specs?

• Intel® Core i5 2500K, 3.3GHz, 6MB
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 1280MB GDDR5
  • 16GB 1600MHz
  • 1TB - 7200 RPM - 32MB

Along pmdg 737 ngx , rex,gex,utx and as2012?

OR

• Intel Core i5 3570K - 3,4Ghz - Ivy Bridge
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580OC 1.5GB GDDR5 800Mhz
  • Corsair 8GB DDR3 1600MHz
  • Corsair 120GB SSD - Force 3

Both setups are more than capable of running FSX at near maximum specs. I would personally choose the first option as the i52500k is the better chip for overclocking and is cheaper than the 3570k. You will definitely see a big advantage in overclocking this chip and will have a big impact on gameplay in FSX. If you get a very good cooler it is easy to overclock up to 4.5ghz which is what mine is at now. An SSD hard drive isnt really necessary and wont improve your FPS, it will just decrease loading times (which will be low enough with a setup like that anyway). For reference I have a near identical setup to your first suggestion and FSX runs smooth around 25-30fps with very minimal loading times. Running REX, ORBX etc

Both setups are more than capable of running FSX at near maximum specs. I would personally choose the first option as the i52500k is the better chip for overclocking and is cheaper than the 3570k. You will definitely see a big advantage in overclocking this chip and will have a big impact on gameplay in FSX. If you get a very good cooler it is easy to overclock up to 4.5ghz which is what mine is at now. An SSD hard drive isnt really necessary and wont improve your FPS, it will just decrease loading times (which will be low enough with a setup like that anyway). For reference I have a near identical setup to your first suggestion and FSX runs smooth around 25-30fps with very minimal loading times. Running REX, ORBX etc

Okay I'll contact you when I buy it what frames you get with pmdg only in default scenery like EDDF frankfurt airport? also can you record video without lag with Fraps?

They are both perfectly fine! But I don't recommend a 5xx series card! For example the GTX 580 and GTX 670 are currently pretty much identical in price, but the GTX 670 is around 30-50% faster. However in FSX the difference will be small. Anyways, get the GTX 670.

Don't get Ivy Bridge as they currenlty have heat problems. I recommend i5 2500K (great bang for the buck when overclocked), i7 2700K overclocks better and should also perform slightly better due to the larger cache size.

Okay I'll contact you when I buy it what frames you get with pmdg only in default scenery like EDDF frankfurt airport? also can you record video without lag with Fraps?

I will have to do it in a few days time as im currently migrating my OS to an SSD and flight sim to its own HDD. I will post a video when this is complete but can assure you if you set your PC up correctly and get the fsx config file right then you will have very few issues and great usability.