Sign in to follow this  
ARCO

New user of FSX

I recently moved from FS9 to FSX on a new system Windows 7 64b and I am experiencing a few teething problems. Although I installed literally hundreds of freeware sceneries (and pay ware as well of course) in FS9 before, I seem to be unable to do the same with FSX. Each time I follow the procedure point by point the scenery does install in FSX but I get no input in the FSX scenery list other than a number of the layer and a white space... All payware were installed automatically and are visible on the list.

Once again the sceneries ARE installed and I can use them in the sim, but I have no description in the list allowing me to manage them after installation since I don't know where they are. Looking at the help in FSX did not shed any light on that.

Can anyone clarify this mystery for me please?

Thank you.

Welcome to FSX. Can I assume that you manually added sceneries to the library list, but they do not appear? There is a glitch with Windows 7 and FSX in that an extra mouse click in the file list window white area is needed to add a scenery to the library. There should be a forum sticky on this (It's pinned in the Windows 7 OS forum). If the scenery files were placed in the AddOn Scenery\scenery folder, make sure AddOn Scenery is at the top of the library list. Otherwise, I'm not sure of what you are referring.

Art

Thanks Art for this input, you understood well what I meant. Thanks for the hint, I could finally find the fix, click again on the directory of the file in the second window and everything appears in the list...