Sign in to follow this  
Swe_Richard

Crazy winds.

I am kindly asking for some advice regarding an issue that is driving me crazy. Feels like it is getting worse. I have absolutely crazy winds in fsx. It changes direction every second, making the aircraft bounce all over the place. I know I read about a solution to this somewhere. Do you have any idea as to how I can fix this?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

You are using defult FSX weather, Two choices, get FSUIPC which has a wind smoothing option or by a weather programm. Try http://www.hanse-coders.net/index.php?page=self&id=1

Its free and does a better job than FSX default engine.

I am currently using REX Essentials. Cant this be handled by rex?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Try this get FSUIPC Latest version . An if you have any other version try registering there product to get full access . Then just click on > winds select Somoth Wind changers near aircraft , this will stop the wind shift that happens in fsx. also select "Smooth only when airborne" also select suppress these wind effects turbulence ,gust,variance . This will solve your problem i had the same problem so that is what i did never had the problem again. Remember to do this you have to have a register version of FSUIPC .

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

Try this get FSUIPC Latest version . An if you have any other version try registering there product to get full access . Then just click on > winds select Somoth Wind changers near aircraft , this will stop the wind shift that happens in fsx. also select "Smooth only when airborne" also select suppress these wind effects turbulence ,gust,variance . This will solve your problem i had the same problem so that is what i did never had the problem again. Remember to do this you have to have a register version of FSUIPC .

Is there any conflict between fsuipc and rex? I will have to try this out. Thanks for the tip.

Richard

No conflict at all. Richard we can help you with any issues your are experiencing within our support forum. You're welcome to come by.

Cheers.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Like said above there is no conflict at all with FSUIPC. Better yet it helps Rex in some way correct me if am wrong . But when rex is updating the current weather an you get the flashing sky an all the stuff that is when most of the wind shift happens. So in some way FSUIPC helps control all those wind shift an makes it kind of more realistic. So give a try it is worth of having this product in FSX.

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

I am kindly asking for some advice regarding an issue that is driving me crazy. Feels like it is getting worse. I have absolutely crazy winds in fsx. It changes direction every second, making the aircraft bounce all over the place. I know I read about a solution to this somewhere. Do you have any idea as to how I can fix this?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

@Swe_Richard -

I am very sorry for the issues you are experiencing. Can you please provide some more information for me to assist, it may just be an issue of making sure the right settings are turned on.

1.) What aircraft are you using in which you are experiencing this issue with? What exactly are you experiencing with the winds? Is this during ascent / descent / and or cruise?

2.) Where were you flying in which you experience these issues? Were you flying in clouds?

3.) In the CONFIGURATION MANAGER of REX Ess. what levels do you have the cloud turbulence and wind shear set too?

4.) In the CONFIGURATION MANAGER of REX Ess. do you have any of the wind smoothing features turned on? If so which feature do you have turned on?

5.) Finally, in the CONFIGURATION MANAGER in the WEATHER ENGINE TAB what your settings for the WEATHER SURFACE REGION and the WEATHER REFRESH RATE?

We will get you flying straight and smooth.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

@Swe_Richard -

I am very sorry for the issues you are experiencing. Can you please provide some more information for me to assist, it may just be an issue of making sure the right settings are turned on.

1.) What aircraft are you using in which you are experiencing this issue with? What exactly are you experiencing with the winds? Is this during ascent / descent / and or cruise?

2.) Where were you flying in which you experience these issues? Were you flying in clouds?

3.) In the CONFIGURATION MANAGER of REX Ess. what levels do you have the cloud turbulence and wind shear set too?

4.) In the CONFIGURATION MANAGER of REX Ess. do you have any of the wind smoothing features turned on? If so which feature do you have turned on?

5.) Finally, in the CONFIGURATION MANAGER in the WEATHER ENGINE TAB what your settings for the WEATHER SURFACE REGION and the WEATHER REFRESH RATE?

We will get you flying straight and smooth.

Hello and thank you for helping out!

1. I am using the PMDG NGX.

2. I was flying using weather themes, think it was raining. Was on my was to ESSA/Stockholm.

3. Had them set to five. Have now set it to four.

4. Actually no, I hadn't.. Feel a bit stupid now. Using wind smoothing really helps.

5. Region was all the way to the left - have changed to medium.

Using wind smoothing has helped a lot. I will fiddle some more with the settings. Thank you!

Richard

@Swe_Richard -

That sounds good. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. Let me highly recommend that if you need additional support please contact our support forum at: http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

I have this same issue, but I don't think it's REX. Even when I use the FSX weather, it goes mad. I disable FSUIPC and everything runs fine. Trouble is I need FSUIPC to stop crashes within ORBIX scenery.

So try that, disable FSUIPC by renaming the DLL and see what happens. I've had the issue for years, but have only narrowed it down to FSUIPC running, but haven't worked out a fix. I've tried wind smoothing without success.

Martin Buzzell

You want me to do what!!!

Email me