Sign in to follow this  
TLDspectre22

Installation problem

I've been away from simming for awhile, and after upgrading my rig I wanted to get back into it - especially after the recent release of REX Essential. I managed to dig up the original email I received that contains my product key, but when I paste it in the appropriate field after starting RC (as admin), the program exits (as it's supposed to), but when I restart RC, it behaves as if I never entered the information. I tried the default install to C:\Programs Files(x86)\rcv4x, and also c:\rcv4x but no luck in either case. I'm running Windows 7 Home. Do I need to re-register to get a new key or what?

You need to register for a new key. If you are using the same e-mail address and user name you can use the automatic one to get a new key. Have RC format your e-mail for you if it can. RC should be started with a shortcut to it with its property set to run as admin so it can get to your e-mail.

You should have build 3845 of RC4. After it accepts your key and rebuilds the scenery database during installation update FSUIPC and makerwys from these links:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/

Then run the scenery rebuild again.

If you have Win 7 you will need to get some runtime vbasic modules. Please see the first pinned topic. Also be sure RC is bypassed in your security applications so it can work in the FS folder and FS application communications. See the second topic pinned at the top.

let me know if you still are having problems with your new key

jd

Hey thanks so much for the assist gentlemen! JD issued me my replacement key, I followed the steps that ronzie pointed out, and all is well! :)