Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dighost

Only a small portion of Alaska will be implemented..

I was wondering how Alaska would be treated, in respect to the boundary of the state. Clearly Canada or Russia will not be available to fly over, unless MS implements a barren wasteland of no scenery once you flew over the border (actually that is probably accurate for some locations!). That would look goofy though. My guess is that they will model only specific parts of the state (the parts that tourists know), and once you flew far enough North/West/South/East beyond that modeled scenery your fuel supply would be exhausted.

Just my guess...

It will work exactly the same way it does with Hawaii. If you've ever flown to the northwest islands, or flew over the rest of Hawaii when you only had the main island, you already know what it looks like.

Hook

"Out of area" scenery is a super low-resolution mesh with no textures. Sign into a new account with no DLC purchases and look at the rest of the islands. Alternately, head down to Johnston Atoll. Here is what it looks like:

Iplf0.jpg

I've already flown 800 miles beyond the Hawaii map area and didn't "run out of fuel" or hit any other artificial barriers.

You may also consider not making your "Topic Subjects" look like a statement of fact when you are simply speculating.

Just my guess...

It appears you guessed wrong. :wink: And I also agree with RoboRay's remark about statements in the topic subject. Since there is nothing left to discuss, I will lock this topic.