Sign in to follow this  
vergilmarquardt

Tutorials flights for PMDG 737

Hi

Are there any other tutorials for the PMDG 737 out there b esides the 2 flights that come with the 737,if anyone knows of one pleasde ,let me know.

thanks

Vergil Marquardt

thanks a lot for the informatrion,it looks like a good tutorial. I can use all the help I can get learning how to fly this bird/

Vergil Marquardt

Just curious - what do you feel like you're missing after the two we wrote?

I know there's a few things like ETOPS operations that haven't been covered yet, but I tried to explain pretty much everything you'd need to successfully complete almost any flight in the two we made...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hello Vergil, If you have achieved all you need to know using the PMDG Tutorials supplied, then you do not need any more Tutorials. If you have any doubts, refer back to the PMDG Tutorials. richard welsh.

Ryan, those two tutorials are brilliant, but for me, I have to be spoon fed. :Doh:

I know everything is in the FCTM, but I'm just not that clever enough to be able to convert the info there, to be able to do an RNAV or LOC/ Backcourse approach.

Also, I 'like' to fly with ATC but too tight to purchase any of the addons, so I'm stuck with FSX ATC, and we know what they're like.

So I'd like a general tutorial that shows us how to deal with approaches that aren't programmed in the FMC so I can still get to the runway at Vref say for example

14,000' set LVL chg 220 kts

Descending 8,000' to 2,000 ft set 170 kts

.3 miles from FAF set v/s blah blah blah...

You get my drift?

Cheers

Timothy Metzinger wrote one for the NG. It's still fairly comprehensive and a good learning tool. Do a search. If you can't find it, PM me.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

So I'd like a general tutorial that shows us how to deal with approaches that aren't programmed in the FMC so I can still get to the runway at Vref say for example

FMC must be programmed to fly RNAV. And to get Vref you should to enter all PERF INIT data.

FMC must be programmed to fly RNAV. And to get Vref you should to enter all PERF INIT data.

Yup I agree but If I end up following FSX ATC then their descent commands are usually different to the vertical path programmed into the FMC so I can't use VNAV.

As a result, speed copntrol goes out the window and I'm kinda lost as to when and where on the 'profile' to change/reduce speeds.

I know people say ignore the ATC, and I do, but sometimes I want to follow it.

The tutorial by Tom Risager is very good indeed. So much so i had it printed into a softback book for quick reference. I particularly like the way he provides a bit of background detail as to why you need to do certain things in a certain order. It is easy to follow has plenty of images to help newbies like myself around the cockpit. It really is worth downloading.

Also, I 'like' to fly with ATC but too tight to purchase any of the addons, so I'm stuck with FSX ATC, and we know what they're like.

No problem then. Stop using FSX ATC as it isn't realistic at all anyway and start flying online. There you'll get proper guidance and you can fly your approaches in LNAV/VNAV almost all the times. I guess you'll have those 15$ for a microphone left and everything else you'll need is free.

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

I know people say ignore the ATC, and I do, but sometimes I want to follow it.

My problem is I am a shift worker and as a result I sim when I can and most of the times I end up pausing and saving a flight.

I know the FSX ATC isn't realistic, but I get bored of just fully flying a pre programmed route. I also like to react to the unexpected. This is why sometimes I use it.

.3 miles from FAF set v/s blah blah blah...

You get my drift?

Ok. FAF on glideslope/path with angle of 3* and enter altitude of 2000' AFE is about 6.2 nm out of the runway. The easiest advice: take the waypoint 8-9nm out of TDZN, approach it at 2500-2000 feet, 30* difference between track and final course, flaps 5, flaps 5 command speed. After established set gear down select flaps 15, set flaps 15 speed, continue retract flaps on sheldue and set appropirate speed. At .2-.3 prior to FAF set negative V/S 1200-1000 fpm, in couple of seconds set V/S as written in table on approach chart (usually 700-800fpm). If you want you can try low drag approach: fly at flaps 5, flaps 5 speed, when 4 miles to runway set gear down, flaps 15 and do as normal. This is instrument approach using V/S, you can fly it in LNAV or using VOR/DME.

I would recommend to read text on SP.4.8 down to SP.4.13, read SP.4.4-4.5, NP.21.71-74.

FCTM 5.31 and down.

If it's too hard on SP.4.13 and in 5th chapter of FCTM you can find pictures.

I also like to react to the unexpected. This is why sometimes I use it.

I have flown with deafoult ATC for about one and a half year, i can say that its command are really expected. Sometimes i even can predict which heading does he give me in next moment.

Thanks Rostyslav,

You meant the FCOM not the FCTM. I've been trying to make sense using the FCTM Chapter 5 and the FCOM references you've highlighted seem much more direct and to the point. So thanks again for that. I think I was getting caught up trying to learn and understand too much info...(so many manuals...so much info everywhere heh heh)

I think I've got my head around that, and my main issue now is getting to the right speed at the right place from in the descent.

I know there are many threads on how to slow the -800 down so I will have a look.

Thanks again

I know there's a few things like ETOPS operations that haven't been covered yet, but I tried to explain pretty much everything you'd need to successfully complete almost any flight in the two we made...

Hi Ryan

Just wanted to let you know that the 2 tutorials you wrote are good,and I did fly the routes ok, but I can find the knobs,instrutments a little faster as he tells you where to find them,also explains what each one does,other wise like I say yours is good also.

hope I did not offend you in anyway,the PMDG 737 NGK is a fine airplane.

thanks

Vergil Marquardt