Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Reminder about competing products...

Guys,

We're not going to entertain discussions about other products that are competing with our 777 here - sorry, it's just better that way if we don't. If you want to debate such things, that's what the Avsim general forum is for.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Well said, I apologise for going of on one on that topic :)

Branton-

Which company are we not supposed to name? I must have missed that memo....

(kidding.... couldn't help myself. :Nerd: )

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Good post Ryan!

Yeah good one...lol

Gents-

On a serious note for this topic- Ryan isn't just "being the heavy" by insisting that we will not entertain discussion of competing products- there is a very specific reason we are taking this position. Namely, it has been our experience that some users like to take sides and create drama when more than one product of the same type is coming to market. On the whole it becomes rather silly.

During NGX development, we saw a significant amount of this type of "drama ferreting" and it became a significant headache for the forum moderators because it required us to micro manage threads and put us in a position to upset people with our decision to answer/not answer/delete...

That rapidly becomes a no-win situation for the forum moderators because:

If we explain why we believe our product is better, we get accused of being arrogant.

If we ignore the posts entirely we get accused of not caring about our customers...

When we delete the posts we get accused of censorship...

So lets just get things started off on this note:

WE LOVE OTHER DEVELOPERS in the FSX arena. Why? Without them we wouldn't have a healthy, vibrant simulation ecosystem in which PMDG can grow and thrive. I have said for years that we are all simmers- and we make products for ourselves- you guys just get the benefit of our interests... I own some or most products from just about every developer out there. Some other developers make really good stuff- others make complete junk- but without all of them the market would wither and die- and that isn't good for any of us.

WE ARE NOT CONCERNED ABOUT SIMILAR PRODUCTS: Why? We are very comfortable that PMDG continues to live up to our long and well established history of leading the way in innovation, product completeness, product quality and product accuracy. We think we provide you with a good up front quality level and strong after sale support. We don't try to sell you piece-meal products that are still in development and we don't try to disown you after you have made your purchase. Our commitment to you and our products stands for itself- and you have told us time and again that this is why you are comfortable purchasing from us. (We appreciate that!)

WE DO NOT LIKE DRAMA: Perhaps it is the fact that we are all pretty well established in age and careers, but we just don't have time for drama-llamas... (No offense to any real llamas out there..) To the extent that we can keep the drama minimized- the happier we'll all be.

Okay- back to your regularly scheduled program...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Gents-

On a serious note for this topic- Ryan isn't just "being the heavy" by insisting that we will not entertain discussion of competing products- there is a very specific reason we are taking this position. Namely, it has been our experience that some users like to take sides and create drama when more than one product of the same type is coming to market. On the whole it becomes rather silly.

During NGX development, we saw a significant amount of this type of "drama ferreting" and it became a significant headache for the forum moderators because it required us to micro manage threads and put us in a position to upset people with our decision to answer/not answer/delete...

That rapidly becomes a no-win situation for the forum moderators because:

If we explain why we believe our product is better, we get accused of being arrogant.

If we ignore the posts entirely we get accused of not caring about our customers...

When we delete the posts we get accused of censorship...

So lets just get things started off on this note:

WE LOVE OTHER DEVELOPERS in the FSX arena. Why? Without them we wouldn't have a healthy, vibrant simulation ecosystem in which PMDG can grow and thrive. I have said for years that we are all simmers- and we make products for ourselves- you guys just get the benefit of our interests... I own some or most products from just about every developer out there. Some other developers make really good stuff- others make complete junk- but without all of them the market would wither and die- and that isn't good for any of us.

WE ARE NOT CONCERNED ABOUT SIMILAR PRODUCTS: Why? We are very comfortable that PMDG continues to live up to our long and well established history of leading the way in innovation, product completeness, product quality and product accuracy. We think we provide you with a good up front quality level and strong after sale support. We don't try to sell you piece-meal products that are still in development and we don't try to disown you after you have made your purchase. Our commitment to you and our products stands for itself- and you have told us time and again that this is why you are comfortable purchasing from us. (We appreciate that!)

WE DO NOT LIKE DRAMA: Perhaps it is the fact that we are all pretty well established in age and careers, but we just don't have time for drama-llamas... (No offense to any real llamas out there..) To the extent that we can keep the drama minimized- the happier we'll all be.

Okay- back to your regularly scheduled program...

Well Said Mr.Randazzo :im Not Worthy:

Guys,

We're not going to entertain discussions about other products that are competing with our 777 here - sorry, it's just better that way if we don't. If you want to debate such things, that's what the Avsim general forum is for.

I don't think anything CAN compete with PMDG products! im%20Not%20Worthy.gif

mcbellette agree the 737 ngx from pmdg is the best i have ever seen, goodbye all other 737 the 737 from pmdg is so good that words are not enogh

In a normal world, you shouldn't even have to mention this to people as they would have enough common sence not to do it on their own... :sad:

Why in the world are you bowing down?

I have no clue seemed right at the time

Maybe he just felt the answer was pretty much 'perfect'? As in, 'I can not think of a better answer myself.'?

In a normal world, you shouldn't even have to mention this to people as they would have enough common sence not to do it on their own... :sad:

Well, I'm gonna play devil's advocate here. In a certain way, even if we are simmers first, we are also customers and we are not all rich. It seems reasonable that one wills to compare products to find the one which matches to what one can afford and what one wants.

In such a way, it may be tempting to talk about competing products in order to find evidence of which will be the best in a relative way for us. For instance: "that company proposes that option, will you propose the same?"...

However, and it is where I agree with this topic, often the debate becomes a trial about the products. Some put products in the dock more than they have a constructive discussion, and it is important to raise limits to what can be said or cannot.

So once again I fully agree with the message delivered by Ryan and Robert, but I also understand that some may be tempted to talk about other products and a reminder seems sensible to me.

Romain Roux

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.