Sign in to follow this  
oskrypuch

Improved Docs: Capt/FO Flows - Side x Side

It is referred to from the user contribution thread (and also from the NGX forums), but with 1,337 views, any value to make it a sticky?

* Orest

Orest Skrypuch
President & CEO, UVA

www.united-virtual.com

Orest

NIce work on these files my friend. Appreciate your work and sharing them with the community.

I have done a few of my own checklists and stuff for other airframes, but have only recently got the PMDF 737 NGX so appreciate not having to re-invent the wheel that you have already created so well. Less time producing checklists means more time flying this beautiful creating, which can only be a good thing. :biggrin:

Thanks again, mucho respect.

I really found that depiction helpful myself, so naturally, happy to share.

* Orest

Orest Skrypuch
President & CEO, UVA

www.united-virtual.com

Orest

Just a thought on your fine work for a possible 'future release' - to help beginners to the 737 NGX would it be possible to incorporate an indicator of which panels to find items on the checklist (where necessary) and markers for things that are not modelled to save us 'noobs' from too much searching?!

I have got a good feel around the cockpit now, but wonder if this may help the newbies out. I know the hardcore will say all the info is there in the documentation and I am all in favour of people getting to grips with it through these docs, but your quick reference checklist format is sure to be a massive help to newcomers, to help them find their ways in the early days.

As I said, just a thought.....

Not a bad idea, but I think it might be a challenge to include locations, without cluttering it up. Now, they are all based on a logical flow from panel to panel, I suppose a quick pencil sketch with some arrows on a screen capture, might do the trick. Yes, the initial times it will be a bit of chore, but it should become automatic reasonably quickly - much as it should be. That is when it really "flies"!

All items are properly simulated, so do need to be checked, save and except the weather radar.

* Orest

Orest Skrypuch
President & CEO, UVA

www.united-virtual.com

Orest - thanks for the prompt reply and I do appreciate your point about cluttering it up and also disturbing the flow. I was thinking simply of a text reference along the lines of overhead panel or centre pedestal, etc and a rough location reference within the panels.

Interesting to note that you say all items are properly simulated (except weather radar, which is a shame I feel), so if this is the case, can you point me in the direction of 'gyro caging control' (point 20 on pre-flight)?

Thanks again for all your hard work.

To test cage the gyro, you click the circular knob below the standby attitude indicator.

Unfortunately FSX does not properly model free water/rain/snow, which makes it impossible to accurately model radar reflections. As such, PMDG decided to not do it, as it could only turn out to be a sham. It is just a limitation of the underlying flight simulator itself.

* Orest

Orest Skrypuch
President & CEO, UVA

www.united-virtual.com

Thanks Orest (and sorry for the delay).

It was a noob error - no gyro cage when you have a livery on without the standby attitude indicator! D'Oh. At least I hadn't completely lost my marbles when I asked where to find it!

Best wishes

It appears that the attached PDF file link in the first message in this thread, is no longer accessible. This file is also available for download from the AVSIM libary, search for:

ngx-fs2crew-flows-side-by-side.zip

* Orest

Orest Skrypuch
President & CEO, UVA

www.united-virtual.com

What are the best flows for Voice version?

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Orest's PDF can be downloaded from the library

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=ngx-fs2crew-flows-side-by-side.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search

But, in my opinion, the *absolute best* FS2Crew Checklists are made by Mark Wolpert also available from the Library

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=mark+wolpert+fs2crew&CatID=root&Go=Search

He's done a checklist for all planes apart from the Q400 (I made one for the Q400 for personal use based on Wolpert's design, if anyone's interested I'll make it available here)

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Orest's PDF can be downloaded from the library

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=ngx-fs2crew-flows-side-by-side.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search

But, in my opinion, the *absolute best* FS2Crew Checklists are made by Mark Wolpert also available from the Library

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=mark+wolpert+fs2crew&CatID=root&Go=Search

He's done a checklist for all planes apart from the Q400 (I made one for the Q400 for personal use based on Wolpert's design, if anyone's interested I'll make it available here)