Sign in to follow this  
jandjfrench

Flight - What needs fixin'?

I've actually seen formations of clouds like that in the Midwest. It was strange, like looking at a phalanx of sheep marching across the sky. (Dunno if that ever happens in Hawaii though.)

Nope.

I'm also pretty unhappy with the mismatched scenery quilt in places. The ones that jump out at me are where you get half of an oval running track cut off by a hill or other scenery. At least have somebody spend some time manually aligning the texture cuts to prevent that kind of stuff, guys.

1. Turning Text, HUD, Points of Interest off in flight will not release a player from seeing cockpit tooltips, unless there is a way to turn off cockpit tooltips I am not aware of, only accessible using an undocumented tweak.

2. There is a big blue sign on the upper right hand side of the screen during jobs that remains for the entire job and occasional text reminding the player what to do right in front of you; "Land at the airport". That is an immersion breaker for me and would like an on/off switch for that as well. As it is, my only alternative to turn these off is to not fly jobs. I am familiar with the tweak to remove the destination diamond but have not applied it as these other obstructions defeat the purpose in any case.

3. Often, textures remain blurry for extended periods of time despite having textures set to high.

Regarding the tile failure depicted in the photo of a prior post in this thread I don't believe can be addressed as it is fundamental to the structure and philosophy of the coding.

Regards;

Fritz

As far as bugs go, I have seen the above mentioned and glass windows do funny flashing as I move around. I think it is when the sun is closer to the horizon.

As for the auto-gen scenery, this is what leads me to believe they used some of the code from the Flight Simulator series. It is possible they just used some of the same requirements documentation. I don’t mind the blocky land classes much. I would more prefer correct land classes then what FSX had. In FSX you would have thought the US was one big desert.

It was strange, like looking at a phalanx of sheep marching across the sky. (Dunno if that ever happens in Hawaii though.)

Oh, I'm sure phalanx of sheep is a common sight the world over :)

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

Waves are not moving accordingly to the wind, and for VFR island flight, it's just shamefull...

+1

Its hard to except especially if you are used to the Orbx stuff, which IS the same tech, just done more carefuly.

Hi,

When I came across the reference to the little puffy clouds I was baffled as to why I hadn't included this in my initial post. I then recalled that it was so bothersome that I simply never select "Fair weather" It definitely should be modified or at least an alternate provided.

For me, the 800 lb. gorilla has been the rendering of populated ares. I try not to think about it as it's something that's unlikely to be fixed anytime sooner than the release of Flight 2. I had hoped that the layout of the local streets wouldn't conflict with the major roads as harshly as they do. I also hoped that easily recognizable landmarks could be identified while flying; "Hey, there's the XYZ mall." My fervent hope is that Microsoft and Google learn to play nice together. Now that would be a major landmark, easily identified by all involved in simulated flight.

Jim F.

Oh, another thing I did not mentionned that is not really a bug, but creates some during gameplay is the tremendous lag that can be imputed by the P2P way of connecting people.

I don't know if there would be a way of "correcting" that right now without changing the whole connecting system, but at least MSF Studio could offer a way of avoiding people with a too high ping, by proposing a real set of options for multiplayer menu : see other players ping or have a list of the room accessible with some speed check icon would be nice to reduce lag issues...

Somebody should do a "What flight did/does right" thread to complement this one. :smile:

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Haha it's not a long topic at this time still :) But hey, the only one which are taking their energy for constructive criticism are the one who like !!

Haha it's not a long topic at this time still :) But hey, the only one which are taking their energy for constructive criticism are the one who like !!

Yeah, if I did not think Flight had some definite potential, I would have blown it off.

The UI has a good feel to it. Anti-aliasing is greatly improved. Graphics over all are better. :good:

I booted up FSX yesterday after a few weeks away enjoying Flight. Man, it's tough to go back to waiting several minutes for a flight to load. I'm one of those who never expected to enjoy Flight. I have so much $ invested in FSX. Now, I think Flight is very nearly the ideal simulator for my wants, especially if MS continues releasing new scenery and adds a few more virtual-cockpit planes. And, of course, AI traffic and ATC would be nice too.

And, of course, AI traffic and ATC would be nice too.

Hello

Dream on, it is never going happen

Hello

Dream on, it is never going happen

Never say Never.

We were asked about that over at the beta site after the game launch, and in fact ATC was the most voted feature request since the early beta days.

I am expecting a title update released with Alaska that addresses some of the low-hanging fruit on our wishlist.

If it comes, even with just a few minor things we have asked for, I will gain faith that Flight is going to improve and become long-term viable.

Should it not occur, I will still buy Alaska as what Flight offers is satisfying enough for now. But I will also know that it won't stay that way for long and I will need to examine other options.