Sign in to follow this  
jandjfrench

Corsair preview not showing in hangar.

Hi,

Well I downloaded and installed the preview but it's not showing up in the hangar. Before I investigate further, anyone else?

Jim F.

My system doesn’t show it for sale either in the Hangar (I won’t be downloading the preview).

Maybe it’s just out of sync, give it some time and restart Flight in a while.

I've posted on Steam in reply to "FS Tester" in the thread entitled "F4U Corsair now available on XBox":

"We all appreciate your help. I've previously successfully downloaded all previews and purchases and they appeared as expected in my MS Flight hangar after installation. With the F4U I'm getting "downloaded" and "installed 5/29/2012 10:44pm" and all the right messages and indicators but, even after exiting and reentering Flight and computer restarts, I can't get the F4U preview that XBox says I've downloaded to show up in my MS Flight Hangar. I've deleted and redownloaded, everything else that normally fixes a problem like this but still no joy. Any ideas? Thanks again for your continued good support.

As of now, I still can't get F4U preview in my MS Flight hangar. However, it's not a big deal and MS should have this sorted out soon I believe.

Now that I admire the aircraft preview in my hangar, I notice what appears to me to be the muzzles of six 50 caliber machine guns embedded in the wings. While I have a few witty comments running thru my head, I believe I'll just hold my thoughts 'til I read some of your interpretations of what we see here.

Now that I admire the aircraft preview in my hangar, I notice what appears to me to be the muzzles of six 50 caliber machine guns embedded in the wings. While I have a few witty comments running thru my head, I believe I'll just hold my thoughts 'til I read some of your interpretations of what we see here.

Maybe I'm missing the obvious, but what are we interpreting?

The F4U preview also seems to exhibit spent cartridge ejection ports, gunpowder stains and a tail hook.

Maybe I'm missing the obvious, but what are we interpreting?

My apologies for being obtuse, Mr. Marshall, which I was. I had in mind some conjecture on functional armament in the future of MS Flight. Now that I notice the tail hook, maybe carrier operations?

Ah, yes, I did notice the shell ejection ports and the grime streaked behind the muzzle ports.

The stains may not be from power residue, though. Any kind of opening or recess in the skin that collects water and dirt can leave a similar dirty trail down the plane. Even 7-day washes with Turco won't get it all off. I'll concur that it's most likely a result of gunfire, though.

Did you try binding a key to TailHook.Toggle yet? :P