Sign in to follow this  
daan_vb

Whats this in the lower DU

...how did you do that?.....seriously.

never seen that before, but almost looks like WXR. you must have done something. an option change, panel insert, something?

im not being accusational. im just really curiousas to what that is/what you may have accidentally done to get that haha.

Haha I haven't done anything, I saw it in the REX essential screenshot forum and I was wondering the same thing!! I asked but received no reply... I thought it look like a WXR radar too!!

Heres the thread if you're interested:

http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/17651-serious-thunderstorm-over-guatemala-mggt-engine-essential/

WAT1036.png

It definitely looks a LOT like the Captain Sim Weather radar.

Oh right, can it successfully be integrated into the PMDG NGX as a working weather radar?

WAT1036.png

If you own ifly, you can read how to integrate RXP weather radar on lower du.

http://ifly.flight1....p-weather-radar

But then you can't use over/under displays.

WX.jpg

I think you have to change [VCockpit04] section of panel.cfg.

In line gauge01=PMDG_737NGX!DU_VC, change PMDG_737NGX!DU_VC into name of captain sim gauge.

IMHO you should install it as separate window. And I don't think weather radar in FS is informative.

There is a thread on this somewhere in the NGX forum. A guy gave detailed instructions on how to install it.

The drawback is it completely replaces the information that normally goes on the lower DU, so you are trading your control surface/pressure information and the engine page for a non-realistic weather radar.

It also decreases framerates and for some people I remember them saying it made the NGX buggy with a few CTD's.

Not worth it in my opinion.

There is a thread on this somewhere in the NGX forum. A guy gave detailed instructions on how to install it.

The drawback is it completely replaces the information that normally goes on the lower DU, so you are trading your control surface/pressure information and the engine page for a non-realistic weather radar.

It also decreases framerates and for some people I remember them saying it made the NGX buggy with a few CTD's.

Not worth it in my opinion.

Yeah I found that thread and decided against it. Not worth it.

WAT1036.png

Haha. Exactly. Let's replace useful information with fake info!

Kyle Rodgers

I used to fly the CS 757 and 767 which has the WXRadar already installed. It was the same as the stand alone radar. Part of the preflight routine was to shut it down. It is useless.

Michael Cubine

Haha. Exactly. Let's replace useful information with fake info!

Lol that made me laugh.

Part of the preflight routine was to shut it down. It is useless.

LOL!

Hi,

If you mean where you see the altitudes and aircraft, you'll get this if you press the CTR button on the EFIS twice.

You are correct Dave. I can replicate it on my CTR button also and I have no other addons but the ngx.