Sign in to follow this  
Mike Madin

WOAI installer not finding FS9

Good day,

I have recently had to reinstall FS9 and took the advice of PC PILOT and installed into a folder I called C:/ FS2004 etc. Everying worked well and all my old sceneryetc installed correctly. Ialso added FLY TAMPAS Kai Tak . I am now trying to add some updated airlines but the WOAI installer insists on putting them into C:/SCENERY/WORLD/SCENERY instead of the C:fs2004/scenery/world/scenery.

The only way I can add these airlines is by manually installing them after WOAI extracts them to a separate folder.

The WOAI installer wont allow me to tell it where to look when asking it to do an auto install it only gives the option of FSX or FS2004, so it is obiously finding FS2004 as opposed to FS9 but cant seem to find the rest of the files.

Anyone else had this problem?if not can some one please point me in the right direction'

Many thanks- first use of the forum so any errors plse excuse

outoppie

Hi and welcome :-)

Your situation is identical to mine. Despite the patient and friendly help and advice from forum member Rafal via PM, I was unable to resolve it and, just like you, ended up adding manually.

If you find a way, please let me know.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Coincidently, yesterday i have installed WOAI on a fresh FS9 too. Worked without a problem.

When you point the installer to your FS2004 path it seems that it wants you to click on the FS9.exe inside your main FS9 folder. Did you do that ? ..... When you do you'll see the correct path appear in the white window underneath 'FS2004 path: ' of the main installer menu.

Good luck !

cheers,

jan

Jan

Coincidently, yesterday i have installed WOAI on a fresh FS9 too. Worked without a problem.

When you point the installer to your FS2004 path it seems that it wants you to click on the FS9.exe inside your main FS9 folder. Did you do that ? ..... When you do you'll see the correct path appear in the white window underneath 'FS2004 path: ' of the main installer menu.

Good luck !

cheers,

jan

Thanks for that. The installer gives me no option to point to the FS9.exe that I can find. It finds FS9 automatically and I can see no way to change this. I'll be very happy if you can show me how. I have installed FS9 in it's own folder in Win 7 c:\flightsim.

Traffic tools defaults to Source files: C:\Users\Gavin\Documents\Unzipped\ which seems wierd and FS2004 traffic files C:\Flightsim\Scenery\World\Scenery\ which seems correct. This setting however produces exactly the same result as the OP said. Incidentally he also pointed out that the installer automatically finds FS9 and appears to be unchangeable.

Gavin Barbara

It could be that it's a new version of the installer that you are using ?..... I use 2.4 and it looks like this :

woainst.jpg

By clicking the point button at the right i can choose the path to FS9.

All WOAI stuff, including TTools, is in the main WOAI folder. All produced traffic bgls are automatically placed in E:\FS9\scenery\world\scenery. ( i have 3 HD's, one specific for FSX and FS9 )

If you have a newer install version and would like to try 2.4 but it's not available at the WOAI site anymore i'll PM you a link to download it.

Edit : i just checked the WOAI site, seems that there is no newer version.... only older.. 2.3... So if you're using 2.4 too what does your installer window look like ?

cheers,

jan

Jan

Hi Jan

Again, thanks for trying to help. Like you, I am using 2.4. In fact I downloaded it from here at AVSIM which is where WOAI directs you. However, please PM me the link you are refering to. It's worth a try :-)

Left or right clicking on my mouse will not change anything in the Target part.

Gavin Barbara

Hey Gavin,

Check your mailbox. I've tried earlier but it didn't seem to work. It should be there now. :smile:

Good luck !

Cheers,

Jan

Jan

Got it and will try. Thanks.

I wonder what happened to the OP?

Gavin Barbara

One of the many reasons why I always allow all my installations, including my Flight Sims, to point to default; C:\ Program Files\

My Flight Sims automatically install into; Program Files/Miscrosoft Games/Flight Simulator 9.

I know some folks do not recommend it (for some reason), but as I have full Admin rghts to my Win 7 32-bit, I have never experienced any problems with that arrangement!

It also makes it very easy to uninstall/remove any program, using the; "Control Panel".

Paul.... :Bug: ...!

Good day

Apologies to all, had no internet for a couple of days.

Many thanks for the replies/suggestions, non of them worked. the installer just would not find fs2004. By chance I pressed the expert button and it only came up with 6 of the 10 airlines i had manually loaded and when pressing the airport button it came up with an uncontrolled exception. Spent most of this pm uninstalling all references to WOAI installers and installing a new download of WOAI installer from avsim (not he one I still had on my flashdrive). All now appears to be working correctly.

In hindsight I should have done this before posting but because it worked with FSX I wrongly assumed the installer was ok. I guess it must have been corrupted somewhere.

Many thanks for all the comments.

outoppie

I'm glad you got it sorted out.

I've tried 3 different downloads of the WOAI installer., I'm pedantically doing everything as administrator and nothing bloody works. Always the same. the aircraft go into the file with TT and the WOAI installer. the traffic files go to c\;scenery\world\scenery.

I give up. I'm just going to delete the lot and try something else.

Gavin Barbara

I give up

Don't worry and do pick up your PM. :wink:

Thanks Rafal. That's my last hope ;-)

Gavin Barbara