Sign in to follow this  
CoolP

The iFly 737 Feature Pack is live!

People still use this over PMDG 737NGX? why?

Lighter system overhead and more variants in the base package would be two reasons, with my guess being that probably the former of the two is the most important, since when running an airliner in FSX, you often also run things such as payware airports, AI airliner traffic, FS2Crew, Radar Contact, REX or ASE, Aivlasoft EFB etc, so the lighter system overhead would mean less strain on RAM and CPU cores, which is certainly of importance on less capable PC systems.

The PMDG is good at simulating abnormal issues, far better than the iFly can do it, but if you want to fly from A to B without simulating a major hydraulics failure or some such, which let's face it, the vast majority of flights in the real world manage to do, then the ability to simulate failures is of less importance, on the other hand, if you want to pull out your SOPs and figure out what to do in an emergency, then the PMDG bird is indeed where it is at. That is in fact why I have both of them.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

the lighter system overhead would mean less strain on RAM and CPU cores, which is certainly of importance on less capable PC systems.

I've tested both side by side and I have found with the NGX(SP1c) is more or less the same on FPS as the iFly. The NGX IMO has much better visual quality than that of the iFly.

I sure hope PMDG has their SP2+ER's out the door soon also.

Me to. Standing at the TOC in KATL with bag in hand waiting for the -900ER in Delta colors to show up.

Eric 

I've tested both side by side and I have found with the NGX(SP1c) is more or less the same on FPS as the iFly. The NGX IMO has much better visual quality than that of the iFly.

Yes that's true, however, I didn't state that the PMDG got a lower FPS than the iFly, what I wrote was that it had a higher system overhead than the iFly, thus the visual acuity, deeper systems etc do come at some cost regardless of FPS. And for some FSX users, that has a bearing on how that will domino on the ability for other FS add-ons to run when it is running if their CPU is not a fast one, or if they have a limited amount of RAM. You can check that for yourself, but here is a comparison:

1-45.jpg

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

So if cost is a barrier to entry you'll find many going for the iFly

Hello Ryan

Cost was not a barrier for me given that I have the PMDG as well as the Ariane 737's

I just enjoy the VC in the i-Fly much more due to what seems to me as some scale problems with the windows and the areas below the displays in the NGX.

It might sound strange but even though the PMDG product wins on texture quality by some distance the overall sense of being in the cockpit just appeals to me more in the i-Fly product.

The other thing that probably had me using the i-Fly more than the NGX was its support from very early on for my Goflight MCP, something that has only just been rectified by Stephen Munn after both Goflight and PMDG initially refused to supply a solution.

Nice. Just in time for vacation.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Models

700ER and 900ER

Short Field Performance aircraft

Added Features

IAN

RNP and ANP

VSD

Terrain Radar

HUD all models (2D only FS9 0

Air stairs add to 700-900

10 pages of config/style options

Real accurate Gauge colours(using the boeing colour codes)

reworked flight deck lighting and landing light switches.

FMC

Addition options for mouse free cockpit

Re Fuel from FMC

Add Ground Power and Air

You can program zero Fuel weight automatically by Line selecting (great when flying 2nd route)

You can add the COG automatically by Line selecting (great when flying 2nd route)

Add ability to use Flyengravity CDU FS9

Enhanced CDU data

MCP

Ability to use enhanced driver for CPFlight MCP FS9 users now

System fidelity

Over 200 hundred changes including items like real life engine setting(not matching pref).

Wow, and all this for FREE ? This is some serious work for an already serious aircraft. I wish these guys would come up with another prime a/c like an Airbus !!!

People still use this over PMDG 737NGX? why?

That like asking why some people would drive a Honda Accord over a Mercedes or a Ford Mustang over a Lambo. People like to have a choice. Personally I prefer the NGX, but others might like iFly due to its lower price and the fact that it comes with more models. No need to look down at the ones who choose to use the iFly since they purchased it after having decided it was a better deal for them.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

And perhaps one of the most important changes, that isn't mentioned in the changes...

The bug where the aircraft spins on the ground when empty and zero fuel, has been fixed.

Still there I.m afraid. Just tested that, and spins like a drunk mother in law.

That like asking why some people would drive a Honda Accord over a Mercedes or a Ford Mustang over a Lambo. People like to have a choice. Personally I prefer the NGX, but others might like iFly due to its lower price and the fact that it comes with more models. No need to look down at the ones who choose to use the iFly since they purchased it after having decided it was a better deal for them.

+1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Still there I.m afraid. Just tested that, and spins like a drunk mother in law.

Weird, I tried it and didn't see any spinning, although I forgot about fsx for 10 mins then couldn't work out why the apu refused to start :)

Weird, I tried it and didn't see any spinning, although I forgot about fsx for 10 mins then couldn't work out why the apu refused to start :)

LOL. worse if you leave the brakes off and engine running, when you come back, you find peoples washing hanging off the wings, sitting in a paddock grazing with the cows.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.