Sign in to follow this  
spilok

How are your frames with Milviz Baron 55?

Love this Milviz bird. I'm flying it just about every day. However, I notice that, compared to many other planes in my stable, that the VC seems to have a pretty strong impact on frame rates. Do any of you notice the same thing? I've compared it to the Milviz Cessna 310, and others. I'm seeing about a 20% or more decrease in overall smoothness. Hope it's not the new Nvidia drivers I just bragged about on this forum. I'll keep checking, but I'm interested in what others think about the overall performance of this great plane.

Stan

Stan,

Colin from Milviz posted a link to lower res textures which could help you improve your frame-rates in another thread. I haven't tried them yet.

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

Runs pretty well on my I7.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

And someone else said to try reinstalling the aircraft if you have bad frames.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

I've had no issues with frame rates. Perhaps that's because I have a 1 gb nVidia 560ti card with an i7 2600K, and I've implemented probably all of the tweaks we've discussed on Avsim (Bojote's fsx.cfg tweak, Word Not Allowed's nVidia Inspector's tweaks, etc.).

I've found the Baron to be one of the easiest aircraft on frame rates, actually.

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

No issues with frame rates here. It's on par with most other GA on my fleet.

Mauricio Brentano

I'm not having frame rate problems, one of the picture set I posted shows high 40's and into the 50's with my settings.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest Mik75

Slightly less than with default planes. Approximately the same as the newer Carenado releases. No problems at all

even over demanding and dense sceneries.

I try re-installing to see if that helps.

Stan

No problems with the FPS on my system, but FPS are indeed somewhat lower than the C310 from the same developer. Lots of 3D knobs and details in the VC.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

<p>Somewhat lower rates here too, but then again I've been flying in heavier than normal (whatever that is) cloud cover and rain.  But nothing to get weepy over by any means.  Really nice sim for the price indeed :-)   Computer specs in my membership details.</p>

The Milviz B55 and the Carenado 182T are both planes that give me a bad FPS performance in the VC. In the 182 it is clearly related to the G1000 map (there will come a patch someday according to Carendao).

In the Milviz B55 it is clearly related to the GPS. When I turn off the upper GPS I get a HUGE boost in FPS. Performance is like the RA Duke then (in the Duke and more or less all my other planes there is only maybe 1 FPS difference between GPS on and off).

Shortly after release there was a discussion about this FPS issue in the Milviz support forum here.. Some have that problem, some not. Just strange.

The Milviz B55 and the Carenado 182T are both planes that give me a bad FPS performance in the VC. In the 182 it is clearly related to the G1000 map (there will come a patch someday according to Carendao).

In the Milviz B55 it is clearly related to the GPS. When I turn off the upper GPS I get a HUGE boost in FPS. Performance is like the RA Duke then (in the Duke and more or less all my other planes there is only maybe 1 FPS difference between GPS on and off).

Shortly after release there was a discussion about this FPS issue in the Milviz support forum here.. Some have that problem, some not. Just strange.

Interesting. I put RXP GPS in immediately and I have not experienced frame rate issues with the B55. Wonder if that is in any way consistent among other customers for the B55.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Stan,

Colin from Milviz posted a link to lower res textures which could help you improve your frame-rates in another thread. I haven't tried them yet.

I couldn't get them to work despite much communication with MilViz.  I'd love to hear if anyone has had success with the lower res textures.