Sign in to follow this  
bakaman

PMDG GOT to do it ! The .....

Yep, The EFB !

Was just snooping around at simflight France, and found a video about another company who has implemented an EFB in their cockpit. Very impressive.

BUT GUYS, IF THEY CAN DO IT, YOU CAN TOO ! (even better)

I was thinking about 3 things:

1- Really hope PMDG can reproduce this device/tool in high resolution without killin the fps

2- a system allowing us to update our charts would be fantastic

3- My preference would be to hold the plane until the EFB tech is fully implemented to make it like the real thing. The 777 without that tool would be a bit sad.... (just my point of view)

My preference would be to hold the plane until the EFB tech is fully implemented to make it like the real thing.

No, no, no.

There are more 777's flying in the real world without EFB's then there are with them.

You don't need an EFB to fly the plane, and it shouldn't hold up development.

3- My preference would be to hold the plane until the EFB tech is fully implemented to make it like the real thing. The 777 without that tool would be a bit sad.... (just my point of view)

I have a better idea, don't buy it until the EFB gets released. There, magically, problem solved.

I have a better idea, don't buy it until the EFB gets released. There, magically, problem solved.

Even better, keep this kind of suggestions for yourself. Do not need to be given orders by a cow-boy. Thank you.

No, no, no.

There are more 777's flying in the real world without EFB's then there are with them.

Actually i thought that they would release the plane with a blank EFB and then implement it later.... you know what i mean ? since Robert said they would try to make it for the first release, but if not possible, it'd come later.....

No, no, no.

Exactly.

Even better, keep this kind of suggestions for yourself. Do not need to be given orders by a cow-boy. Thank you.

It was an Opinion which I am allowed to share, because it's a forum, thank you. And I am no "Cowboy" :LMAO:

Printed charts... or if you can afford an iPad (or any other tablet) is much more practical than have to click and zoom around in the virtual cockpit (or 2D panel whatever).

My 2 cents.

Mauricio Brentano

who has implemented an EFB in their cockpit

Just watched the video. It seems to me that they have implemented a picture viewer in their cockpit.

I would imagine that you can add pictures to certain folders (SID, STAR, APPROACH...) and then view your pictures in the EFB window. Just a guess :)

Hello all! To spend my two cents, if we're talking about realism having to look somewhere else for a reference to charts doesn't negate any realism at all (it adds some in my opinion). I use a small notebook with he navigraph utility intalled in it but before that i used to use paper charts (my girlfriend knows about the quatity of paper i've got knocking about our tiny flat) and i found it an exceptional addition to the realism of simflying because it expands the simulation to something you can actually touch and doesn't confine it to your desktop. If you think about it, having to pan about the 3d cockpit, click a few switches with your mouse to bring up the graphs on your screen doesn't add much to your experience as having to look on a printed chart you keep next to you in your "home" cockpit! So much so as i still print lots of the most important charts and docs to keep handy while flying. Definitelly not worth holding a release like that to provide a utility that at most is a way to "simplify" our hobby and not to add realism to it!

Just a thought, take care!

Matteo Capocefalo

MED1473

Hello all! To spend my two cents, if we're talking about realism having to look somewhere else for a reference to charts doesn't negate any realism at all (it adds some in my opinion). I use a small notebook with he navigraph utility intalled in it but before that i used to use paper charts (my girlfriend knows about the quatity of paper i've got knocking about our tiny flat) and i found it an exceptional addition to the realism of simflying because it expands the simulation to something you can actually touch and doesn't confine it to your desktop. If you think about it, having to pan about the 3d cockpit, click a few switches with your mouse to bring up the graphs on your screen doesn't add much to your experience as having to look on a printed chart you keep next to you in your "home" cockpit! So much so as i still print lots of the most important charts and docs to keep handy while flying. Definitelly not worth holding a release like that to provide a utility that at most is a way to "simplify" our hobby and not to add realism to it!

Just a thought, take care!

Matteo Capocefalo

MED1473

Nice, I use my iPhone w/Adobe Reader app for Charts. I wouldn't use charts in the EFB anyway. Just would like it for performance.

Uncalled for haha. Seriously. What were you thinking?

As for the EFB......you don't need an EFB to fly the plane. I can always download an update.

I would rather Get my Triple, wait a few months, get my Triple Dash 300, get my Triple F, 772ER, 772 then 773 THEN get the EFB rather than wait untill EFB is finalized, i'm sorry, i just want my bird(to be) to fly ASAP

Yep, The EFB !

NO!!!! Don't hold the release for this. That is so stupid, I want to fly the plane.

1- Lets keep this gentle, lets just don't go there.

2- For those saying: "you don't need the EFB to fly the plane... etc" . I know that: thank you.

3- PLEASE READ POST 5, before claiming this and that.

4-AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST: The main purpose of this thread was about the nice feature CS has implemented in their 777. And i thought this could be a nice start to really talk about EFB since this is the very first time we can see a working EFB in a cockpit for FSX.

thats it for me i'm out....