Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

how to find out/calculate landing distance for 736 with short kit?

I'm trying to find out how to calc. the above with the 736 with the short field kit installed.

Is there a weight chart that has the landing roll rate or something? I don't want to just experiment..

thanks

John Brian Sommers

Ciao!

Just try and land with, say, autobrake 2, If you see you are not going to stop, apply manual brakes untill stopped and increase autobrake for next attempt. Repeat untill sucessful. :Idea:

Guest dlrk

For some reason add-on developers have yet to realize this sort of thing is useless without the relevant data....

it takes a longer distance to takeoff then land, correct? so I guess what good is it, if I can get into a small field if I can't get back out!

so maybe I need to be asking myself - how short of rwy do I need to takeoff from given my loads to where I'm going

Ciao!

it takes a longer distance to takeoff then land, correct? so I guess what good is it, if I can get into a small field if I can't get back out!

so maybe I need to be asking myself - how short of rwy do I need to takeoff from given my loads to where I'm going

You can always try on a long runway and mesure the distance from there based on the amount remaining signs and make your own table

Now if you wanted to be exact, here's the equation:

0.5 * (((Airspeed - Headwind) * 1.6878)^2 / Deceleration_Rate)

Airspeed and Headwind are in Knots

Deceleration_Rate is in ft/s^2

Result is in feet

That is your rollout once the brakes engage, you might want to add 1000 feet or so to simulate the "landing zone."

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator