Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

RealAir Lancair is out!

Hi Kepti,

We know for absolute certain that our GNS integration works flawlessly in the Legacy. Therefore I reckon either you are trying something that RXP is not allowing, not the Legacy, or you are not going through the right procedure. In the flying guide there is a very detailed description of how to integrate these gauges and what combinations you can use. I recommend reading this several times over if there is the slightest confusion.

Rob - RealAir

Hey Rob,

Thank you, appreciate your answer. The issue is related to Reality XP, your product works very well.

Aleksi

Yep I'd like to know what is "ALT AIR" for too!?

It's just an alternate (unfiltered) air intake in case the primary (filtered) intake gets obstructed by ice.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Is this the place to ask a taxiing question? Oh good. :-) I have steering set to toe brakes and nosewheel free castering. When taxiing, a little dab on the appropriate pedal will not only correct the steering, it also adds a little lurch in the same direction. This happens in both directions. So it's 'correct steering with right brake--lurch to right. Correct resulting lurch with left brake--lurch to left' and so on. I've checked the pedal calibration, all good. This is the only 'plane where this happens.

Any clues?

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

OK Guys in-lighten me,

The Orbx Lancair was well done but left me cold, waste of time. I have deleted all my GA apart from RV-7 and RealAir DukeT.

I don't want to waste any-more money on "another" flavour of the month" GA. But if it's something else I want to know.

So does this feel a lifeless plastic bubble with bad view looking forward like the Orbx felt to me, just my opinion ofc(orbx did a great job just did not like there lancair)

Does it really stand out from the crowd. Like A2A Acc-sim do and the RealAir DukeT does.

Does it have VC button sounds, did not like that about the Duke but that's fixed now.

Is this a real long time keeper? come on guys, hand on heart is it a Keeper?

honestly, this is a keeper for sure. The immersion is beyond words. it just come alive and is so good, I also switch off accu-feel for this plane so good is it. A lot more sounds over wings, sounds when flaps down and making a turn etc. Wheels going up sounds and model vibration etc... do around 200 and open that speedbrake.. the sounds and vibration going though the plane is incredible.. This plane talk to you all the time. It really is alive.. best of all I can start and shutdown this plane... just really like the startup and shutdown engine torque roll and that sounds (another thing you can set in config)

and best of all, you can set so many things in configuration master, that have not been available in any previous Realair plane.

This for sure is my ultimate GA, being it a cross country flyer or just a short hop around the neighborhood.

Is this the place to ask a taxiing question? Oh good. :-) I have steering set to toe brakes and nosewheel free castering. When taxiing, a little dab on the appropriate pedal will not only correct the steering, it also adds a little lurch in the same direction. This happens in both directions. So it's 'correct steering with right brake--lurch to right. Correct resulting lurch with left brake--lurch to left' and so on. I've checked the pedal calibration, all good. This is the only 'plane where this happens.

Any clues?

Hi Ron,

Maybe you could check whether your differential brake sensitivity could be adjusted in FSX controls/calibration. There was no lurching at all in testing. However, using differential braking above a low taxi speed is not really necessary as the rudder is effective enough on the ground to correct minor direction changes, and even full turns from the taxiway onto the runway, and a short burst of throttle is programmed to make this more effective still. I only use diff braking at low speeds when backtracking on a runway or getting into a tight parking spot.

Rob - RealAir

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Hi Ron,

Maybe you could check whether your differential brake sensitivity could be adjusted in FSX controls/calibration.

Well spotted Rob. That was indeed the problem. I had a smidgen difference in the sensitivity and also the dead zone.

There was no lurching at all in testing.

I can't see that you'd have let it into the wild if there was. :wink:

However, using differential braking above a low taxi speed is not really necessary as the rudder is effective enough on the ground to correct minor direction changes, and even full turns from the taxiway onto the runway, and a short burst of throttle is programmed to make this more effective still. I only use diff braking at low speeds when backtracking on a runway or getting into a tight parking spot.

Rob - RealAir

Yeah, I was only pootling along very slowly. Anyway all's well now. Thanks for the quick response.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Picked it up last night. Like the detail.

Does anyone have a good Legacy checklist that has several mp and prop settings?

Does realair have any discussion forums?

Thanks

Chuck

Chuck Biggins

Thanks guys for taking the time to respond you have given me real food for thought.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I have been doing some mountain tours in the Legacy, based out of Concrete and Darrington, every time I get above about 11'000ft, no mater what the weather (around -5 to -10) the MP drops dramatically, fuel pump and or alt air does not help, pressing H brings it back to normal immediately.

-Iain Watson-

I have been doing some mountain tours in the Legacy, based out of Concrete and Darrington, every time I get above about 11'000ft, no mater what the weather (around -5 to -10) the MP drops dramatically, fuel pump and or alt air does not help, pressing H brings it back to normal immediately.

It's just an FSX bug.. It doesn't discriminate. Fuel injected engines don't have carburetors therefore shouldnt be subjected to ice build up in the non-existent carburetor but FSX doesn't know any difference and simulates it anyway on anything with a propeller.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

pressing H brings it back to normal immediately.

DIscussed already in this very thread. It's the old FSX carb heat issue. No, there isn't a carb on this plane, nor, of course, a carb heat control - yes, FSX acts like there is a carb. You've already found the solution.

This isn't a RealAir issue - you'll find it on fuel injected piston planes from RealAir, Carenado, Milviz...

Scott

Yeh, I guess my point was that I own a lot of addon ga aircraft that have fuel injection and have never seen this before, first for everything I guess.

-Iain Watson-

I hadn't noticed it either, probably because I've flown other GA at lower altitudes mostly. Anyone notice, when you use the Carb Heat Bind, does engine performance decrease like it should? It'd be unfortunate to have to fly around with a slightly derated engine all the time

Yeh, I guess my point was that I own a lot of addon ga aircraft that have fuel injection and have never seen this before, first for everything I guess.

The only way I can imagine you haven't run into this before is if you don't do a lot of flying in marginal wx and/or you don't typically go that high. I can't think of a fuel injected piston plane that I've flown that hasn't had this, but I fly mostly cross-country IFR with real world weather. As I noted in another thread, my solution is to add hitting "h" to the pre-takeoff checklist for all of my FI'ed piston planes so I can just forget about it.

Anyone notice, when you use the Carb Heat Bind, does engine performance decrease like it should?

Actually, I'm not sure in this case what "should" really means. Yes, you should get a noticeable loss in performance in a properly modeled carb'ed plane, but no - I've never noticed a performance hit in an FI'ed plane. Hitting "h" in this case simply seems to squash the bug.

Someone earlier also mentioned that this happens in FSX with all prop planes, but that's not exactly correct as turboprops are thankfully immune. It's limited to piston planes.

Scott