Sign in to follow this  
utd4life10

Winds driving the NGX crazy!

Hey guys,

So I am having a problem with the NGX. It seems whenever the winds are not constant, for example blowing at 270/30 but not staying at 30 knotts cycling between 30-35 knotts for example, the NGX has real trouble staying on course. I have the wind smoothing selected in FSUIPC. I am using REX Essentials.

Any idea how to fix it?

Kind Regards,

Dan

Try, go to weather settings in FSX and ensure Disable turbulence and thermal effects on aircraft is ticked,

Keithy George

Do you have the RATE AT WHICH WEATHER CHANGES OVER TIME set to NO CHANGE in FSX?

Are you right-clicking the REX exe file and selecting RUN AS ADMIN when starting REX?

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

hahaha, pretty simple my friend, i have a friend of mine, who faced that, and he was just getting crazy every time it happened,.... I told him to lower the Turbulence in ASE or AS2012 as much as possible if not disable them. I also used to have that pb...

PS: Also disable wake turbulence effect (not well modeled): i experienced something with it and Emvaos told me to do that etc..... The result is good !

Good luck

with rex essentials, also look at the real wind smoothing or hyper wind smoothing options, they help a lot.

turning down turbluence to 2-3 seems also to help, without having to remove it completely which is less realistic imho. ymmv

cheers

-andy crosby