Sign in to follow this  
Silverbird

Aerosim's 787 for FSX released

Is anyone experiencing the (unfortunately not new to Aerosim products) autopilot problem wherein the FD disconnects mid-cruise, and no amount of clicking will re-enable it.

Not a failure mode, just a way to kill the sim....

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

Just discovered that this mystery FD problem has killed that function in ALL of my FSX aircraft.... no other changes since Aerosim install... :angry:

Dan Dominik                                                                           

That's not my dog."

You are KIDDING right? The modelling is awful, VC is mediocre at best... all in all, no life at all - sharp edges, no colorations, really bad texturing...

+1. Coming from someone who can do texture work, this is no where near as good as it could be and from the screenshots, appears to be way to pricy for the quality that is offered. Freeware quality, at best.

EDIT: Didn't realize that this topic was 4 pages long when I quoted someone on the first page. :blush:

Brandon Filer

Coming from someone who can do texture work, this is no where near as good as it could be and from the screenshots, appears to be way to pricy for the quality that is offered. Freeware quality, at best.

Difficult to make an accurate judgement purely off screenshots if you haven't actually got the thing. The ability to repaint stuff hardly qualifies one to judge the overall package; knock up a superior model of a B787 too, and give that away and then you'll be in a better position to say if it is 'freeware at best'.

There is no denying it is a bit pricey, as is pretty much everything when you buy it from Japan, but it is a good model which gets very good FPS, that being one of the main design criterias of AeroSim, and they being good at striking a balance between polygon count and framerates is certainly a big part of what you are paying for. There are few FSX airliners which can match the FPS of AeroSim's efforts.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Difficult to make an accurate judgement purely off screenshots if you haven't actually got the thing. The ability to repaint stuff hardly qualifies one to judge the overall package; knock up a superior model of a B787 too, and give that away and then you'll be in a better position to say if it is 'freeware at best'.

There is no denying it is a bit pricey, as is pretty much everything when you buy it from Japan, but it is a good model which gets very good FPS, that being one of the main design criterias of AeroSim, and they being good at striking a balance between polygon count and framerates is certainly a big part of what you are paying for. There are few FSX airliners which can match the FPS of AeroSim's efforts.

Al

+1

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

I´m very satisfied with this bird for casual flights and yes, i fly with the ngx too. Al, any new repaint in the block for it? I saw a JAL new one but that´s it.

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

The paint kit is out, but I've not got around to doing anything yet.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Again, show me your 3D FSX model of a 787 which achieves 55 FPS at UK2000's EGCC on my system, and which we can get for five quid, and then I'll lend more credence to your opinion.

As I've said, it is pricey, but it is what it is, and nobody is forced to buy it if they do not want to, but if you want a 787 for FSX which runs well on lesser systems, then that is the choice. When Quality Wings bring theirs out, it will indeed be a tougher sell, but until that time, it is the only game in town, because the Abacus one is not that great.

Having said that, the Abacus one is better than any 787 I've ever made, i.e. that is at least in part because I haven't made one. I am however making a different aircraft for FSX, and so I at least know how much work is involved in doing that.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Now now Al, feeding will keep them from going back under the bridge and out of sight B)

Dan Dominik                                                                           

That's not my dog."

I am hoping to get this 787 soon, I am surprised it's not getting more attention. It's one awesome looking machine I must say! I dragged my wife to Boston Logan recently just to watch the JAL one land over our heads at 200 feet on final.... I have not seen one in real life while flying the Beechjet.

Just uploaded Saudi to the library (pending a more professional job by a more capable painter, comments welcome). I have Qantas and BA in various states of progress, but wonder what other liveries are in progress by any readers here so as not to double up. Having just visited Everett last week I'm inclined to focus on Qatar or LAN next after seeing these in person. Anyone else working on this bird atm?

Dan Dominik                                                                           

That's not my dog."

LAN please! :wub:

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

You are KIDDING right? The modelling is awful, VC is mediocre at best... all in all, no life at all - sharp edges, no colorations, really bad texturing...

+1, one of the worst models I've seen in a long time, wouldn't go near it, especially for that price. Lacking in detail in so many area's.

-Iain Watson-

+1, one of the worst models I've seen in a long time, wouldn't go near it, especially for that price. Lacking in detail in so many area's.

Then you obviously haven't seen many models. In terms of detail Aerosim 787 does a lot better than most CLS models out there, and CLS is pretty respected and well doing developer after all. Price is high indeed, but still this model isn't bad at all when you actually have bought and tried it yourself. Haven't looked at preview pictures so much, but in FSX it looks just fine.

Of course its nowhere near detail of Captain Sim or PMDG, but still at least it's the best 787 out there as its only competitor with VC is Abacus one which truly is bad.