Sign in to follow this  
Bonkster

ORBX Jackson Hole Released!

Still, Orbx has 60 people working for them and offices on several continents according to the recent mail from the CEO. Maybe the audience isn't that limited :-)

Fair enough. But, I still don't think we're talking WoW expansion pack territory here. ;-)

To really get the most out of the scenery, I would also need to buy Central Rockies.

Yep, and if you'd only be getting CRM to get into KJAC I can understand your reluctance. On the other hand, I think the region is also exceptional, with its biggest drawback up to now being the lack of any detailed airports. That's why many of us have been so anxiously awaiting this one.

Will be DL'ing and installing tonight.

Scott

Why cant this thread stay in the fsx forum like other release threads? The aerosim 787 thread is in the fsx forum and they have a support forum here. Captainsim release threads stay in the fsx forum and they have a support forum here.

Makes it harder to find things when they get moved to the far corners of places

Jackson Hole looks very different than anything else ORBX has done in North America. I particularily like the mountain mesh and textures,

Kind regards,

Jackson Hole looks very different than anything else ORBX has done in North America. I particularily like the mountain mesh and textures,

Kind regards,

Totally agree on this. This is what many of us have waited for and I've already taken the plunge. The bigger the success of this one, hopefully the more likely they are to produce further tubeliner friendly airports. Perhaps equally importantly, this provides a terrific incentive to get to grips with CRM, a region I've rarely visited since buying it on release day.

Orbx has definitely missed a trick with providing more incentives to fly "cross region" as opposed to "inter region". It's a very welcome change and one can only hope that sales show them the sense in developing more like this.

Orbx has definitely missed a trick with providing more incentives to fly "cross region" as opposed to "inter region". It's a very welcome change and one can only hope that sales show them the sense in developing more like this.

That's a very good point, and I hope something that the team takes into consideration.

So food for thought, will the UK and USA stuff be a part of the same scenery setting in the configurator? Lots of flights between those two regions.

USA and Oceania I can kind of understand being segregated as only the most diligent flight simmer makes those flights.

Since Orbx has stated they are committed to smaller GA fields, will the UK2000 stuff be compatible? Gary has made some amazing UK airports and it would be a shame if they wouldn't run in Orbx UK.

Only time will tell.

How many more like this are there really though? Jetliner Airports in frame rate friendly areas are few and far between, which is why they stopped working on large intl airports. now maybe they can couple in some regional airports like Boise etc... Jackson Hole airport is pretty unique in quite a few ways. if they do SRM maybe we'll see Aspen.

There were a few posts on the ORBX site when the GB series was announced that essentially said that orbx didn't plan on creating the FTX default airports like they do in NA because of the existance of stuff like UK2000 not sure if that is still the plan, I guess we'll find out.

Hi Scott,

Yes, you're right. There is a very limited audience for this and I guess that reflects the price. Still, Orbx has 60 people working for them and offices on several continents according to the recent mail from the CEO. Maybe the audience isn't that limited :-)

Yes exactly!

I keep seing messages of how small this hoppy of ours is but I don't think some people realize how big and profitable this business can actually be...

Flight sim is big!...and for some companies very profitable!

Another example is PMDG, look at the number of those who post in their forums! They all bought the 737 ngx, so if you do the math...you'll see it's not so small!

I am happy that fs has become a nice reality like it is today, and I love Orbx for the scenery they make, I don't buy everything because I can't afford it but

David DD

...but I do save some money so I can get a few of the ones that I like the most.

I also love Stewart!

David DD

It looks amazing...no it looks stunning.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

" how small this hoppy of ours"

Is this a new use of less common vernacular ? - I am not familiar with it.

Or is it a secret code for Rabbit simmers :Just Kidding:

Rabbit simmers

...where performance is measured in HPM (Hops Per Minute).

I'm really enjoying KJAC and CRM now that I have a very detailed base to fly out of and the excellent framerate is definitely great compared to my usual flights in the PNW region.

There were a few posts on the ORBX site when the GB series was announced that essentially said that orbx didn't plan on creating the FTX default airports like they do in NA because of the existance of stuff like UK2000 not sure if that is still the plan, I guess we'll find out.

Wow I hadn't heard that, those enhanced little airports are one of my favorite things, I just got done flying from Yellowstone KWYS to a private strip MT48 in Montana and it is so awesome that both those "default" airports had a nice basic runway, fuel and buildings and not the default FSX rectangle to land on.

If they don't plan on enhancing all the airports with Orbx lib (one of the things that disappointed me about buying AU after PNW) then I will for sure be passing on the GB series, probably a good thing at this point since I have a lot of NA and NZ to enjoy with those default airports.

--John near KPAE

This is a beauty!

High frame rates, and a huge area of detailed scenery makes this my all time favourite!

David DD

How can Hobby be worth the same as this? I should have waited and got this instead!

-Iain Watson-