Sign in to follow this  
steve inwood

NGX review

Right i have noticed quite a few post recently about this is wrong and that is wrong with the NGX..

First of all i would like to ask if everyone who is experiencing problems have fully read and understood the manuals that PMDG have provided us with..

The reason being is i have had this addon tested by two pilots who are friends of mine and are proper airline pilots for both Jet2 and Ryanair.

This is there comments..

• This addon is flying like the real bird. Give or take a few minor things like Weather Radar which has been discussed as a FSX limitation
  • she really is great to fly and does bring a true feeling to home for the real airline pilot..
  • She decends like the real bird very fast and plenty of drag can be used....
  • The brake system is 100% true to the real plane..

We must remember that there are limitations in FSX and PMDG can only deliver what they can reproduce in a 6 year old simulation Software package

Steve

I hope i have not offended anyone just trying to help

I have spent hundred on addons in the past hoping to get the true feeling for flight..

But now i have it i won't budge....

PMDG all the way bring on the 777

I have a question for you. In RW ops how accurate is it to maintain V2 +20?

Maintain V2+20 until you get to the acceleration height. Then accelerate to 250 and raise the flaps on schedule.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

What I am trying to ask is it easy or difficult to maintain V2 + 20 when hand flying the 737?

I have noticed in the NGX that chasing the FD bars does not always work and the airspeed may go to V2 + 30 then I continue to raise the nose to get back to V2 + 20 then wait for acceleration height.

What I am trying to ask is it easy or difficult to maintain V2 + 20 when hand flying the 737?

I have noticed in the NGX that chasing the FD bars does not always work and the airspeed may go to V2 + 30 then I continue to raise the nose to get back to V2 + 20 then wait for acceleration height.

I'm not a real world pilot, but I guess it depends on how light you are. I usually do short hops, so my plane is relatively light, and if I take off with full thrust without any derates, it becomes difficult to maintain v2+20, as the plane accelerates past this speed and requires significant pitch up to lower back to v2+20. This is an a320, but it shows the same principle of what happens when the plane is light and/or you take off with full thrust.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero