Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

VERSION 2.4.8.8. HAS BEEN RELEASED ...

get it from the MCE updates thread

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Excellent. IMO this is the best so far for those of us who talk directly to ATC rather than delegate it to the FO.

Agree with DickB. Am finally having some success announcing position coming into non-towered strips. Don't know what FS++ Crew did, and probably wouldn't understand it if they did tell me, but almost a year of frustration is coming to an end. (I hope).

Ed Brown Keremeos BC Canada.

Yep. Those odd occasions when my first request/response got ignored have gone - now it works first time every time. Great job.

Agree with DickB. Am finally having some success announcing position coming into non-towered strips. Don't know what FS++ Crew did' date=' and probably wouldn't understand it if they did tell me, but almost a year of frustration is coming to an end. (I hope).

Ed Brown Keremeos BC Canada.[/quote']

I'm having trouble announcing position at non towered airports.

Do you have any tips?

I have tried multiple phrases and the ATC manual doesn't seem to cover this in terms of what to say.

Thanks.

GHarrall,

Sorry to say but I'm back into the same frustration of position announcement after installing version 2.4.9.2.

Went back to 2.4.8.8 and can't get anywhere near the success I had with this version as stated in my post of June 8 2012.

Have actually uninstalled MCE totally and gone back to the mouse/pointer ATC selections.

This action gets the instant result that I was hoping MCE would be able to do since purchasing it back in 2011.

Not sure what my problem/s might be but I'd rather be flying than tweaking/tinkering so MCE is no longer part of my FSX simming.

DickB was a big help with his tweaks for VFR, no copilot wanted etc etc and he seemed to be quite happy with MCE.

Edwin Brown Keremeos BC Canada

Glenn,

I'm also having trouble announcing position, but only when approaching a runway, is this the same for you?

Announcing taxi, or takeoff is almost perfect, very rarely misses what I say, but announcing approach or final NEVER gets a response.

I do not think it is what I am saying or the way I am saying it, I think something is wrong with the approach announcements, if that's possible. Maybe FS++ can answer that?

Overall, after doing most of the speech training, I am really enjoying this, and both ATC and co-pilot are reposnding very well for me, it would be great to sort out this area as it's the only time I have to resort to key presses (apart form when it is extremely busy and I can't get a word in, but that would be expecting too much!)

Keith

Glenn' date='

I'm also having trouble announcing position, but only when approaching a runway, is this the same for you?

Announcing taxi, or takeoff is almost perfect, very rarely misses what I say, but announcing approach or final NEVER gets a response.

I do not think it is what I am saying or the way I am saying it, I think something is wrong with the approach announcements, if that's possible. Maybe FS++ can answer that?

Overall, after doing most of the speech training, I am really enjoying this, and both ATC and co-pilot are reposnding very well for me, it would be great to sort out this area as it's the only time I have to resort to key presses (apart form when it is extremely busy and I can't get a word in, but that would be expecting too much!)

Keith[/quote']

No, I can announce downwind, base , final etc no problem.

It's just announcing initial position when approaching the airfield that is an issue for me.

There is no phraseology listed in the ATC docs for announcing position either which seems odd

OK, the users have spoken. :yahoo:

Looks like the grammar files need to be edited.

I suggest anyone having issues with specific sentences not being understood, to submit them to support(at)multicrewxp.com for consideration.

Thanks

Good to see FS++ get involved here. Always have liked their attitude.

Hope everyone does send in their specific sentences not being understood with as much detail as possible.

Top of my list is going to be able to get through the 10 step setup wizard without any problems showing up.

For me, step 9 has been a dissapointment right off the get go.

Microsoft Anna does not "understand" some of the commands with no reply at all or she gets it screwed up in some way.

This, in itself, does not give me much confidence that MCE is going to be error free in FSX.

Speech recognition works flawlessly in Windows 7 and have used it with complete satisfaction, so that is not part of the problem in MCE.

Thanks to everyone for all the help.

Edwin Brown Keremeos BC Canada.

No, I can announce downwind, base , final etc no problem.

It's just announcing initial position when approaching the airfield that is an issue for me.

There is no phraseology listed in the ATC docs for announcing position either which seems odd

For what it's worth, as a former Mil ATC (UK) a/c would announce:

Staion ID, this is c/s joining from ????? (or N-E-S-W,etc).

Where there is no ATC radio, would suggest adding height/altitude with the pressure setting on your altimeter (belt and braces, but you never know....) Obviously, ad as much helpful info as you can so the other guys can pick you out from the background would help, BUT thats just in real life, OK!.

Kudos to FS++

Lin

For what it's worth, as a former Mil ATC (UK) a/c would announce:

Staion ID, this is c/s joining from ????? (or N-E-S-W,etc).

Where there is no ATC radio, would suggest adding height/altitude with the pressure setting on your altimeter (belt and braces, but you never know....) Obviously, ad as much helpful info as you can so the other guys can pick you out from the background would help, BUT thats just in real life, OK!.

Kudos to FS++

Lin

I know what to say.....its MCE that doesn't seem to understand!

I have tried various versions of what I would say in the real world and MCE picks it up maybe 10% of the time.

I will continue to experiment.

FS++

Thanks for the excellent support. Apart from the problem I mentioned above, after using the speech training in the tools menu, I am very impressed with MCE's ability to understand me. I would even describe it as *almost* flawless most of the time. On the odd occasion I am not heard, (speaking as someone who has used radio comms a lot IRL), I am happy to accept that the controller has not received my message, and I try again.

Of course I accept the added problems of communicating with ATC when I'm in particularly busy airspace but am learning to time my key release to get my message through.

For me, the only area, as mentioned above, that I feel has something wrong somewhere, is on my approach to an un-towered airport. I will double check the commands and email it/them to you, but at present I feel convinced that it is not my what I am doing, but something else that is missing.

Thanks again, I am addicted to FSX now that I have MCE installed. :)

OK, I just checked again (have emailed fs++ also), coming in to Souh Jersey Regional, I had trouble announcing position, and announcing final, but then all was ok as soon as I announce clear of runway. I believe that taxiing and taking off are fine too.