Sign in to follow this  
Muley

Roll to the right?

Hi, i have recently started getting into this sim (having a great time) the manuals are great .......ah you know all that. Anyway because of this i have been reading up on the NGX etc and in a lot of different articles i have noticed that "it has a tendency to roll to right on takeoff" comes up a lot in the literature that is out there. Is this simulated by PMDG? i know the logical answer is to go and see for yourself and i have. I think it does, but i sometimes think im kind of imaging it and just compensating for it.

Does anyone know if PMDG put this characteristic in the simulation?

sorry should have posted this at the 737NGX forum.

and in a lot of different articles i have noticed that "it has a tendency to roll to right on takeoff"

The NGX has a tendency to roll right, or the real life NG?

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

Maybe its torque? So you compensate with the tiller, until you hit 80, then move to rudder pedals. I do not think its really a big thing.

• Try Calibrating your joystick
  • Remove the wind from the game, and see if that's a factor
  • Make sure you advance throttles uniformly? Not one before the other

That's all I have

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

Just announce over the PA that 'if you look out of the left side, you can see Monica Lewinsky and Bill Clinton'. The weight shift will compensate for the roll to the right.

And yes, there is no 'real NGX', the real one is simply the NG, (it was named after the Star Trek TV series apparently), the NGX is the PMDG NG for FSX.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Just announce over the PA that 'if you look out of the left side, you can see Monica Lewinsky and Bill Clinton'. The weight shift will compensate for the roll to the right.

And yes, there is no 'real NGX', the real one is simply the NG, (it was named after the Star Trek TV series apparently), the NGX is the PMDG NG for FSX.

Al

Haha :)

I got a good smile out of that one. Reminds me of when my brother and I used to wakeboard. Whenever I tried to dock the boat, he'd lunge off the boat to the dock with a rope. He ended up pushing the boat about 10 feet away from the dock...

Completely oblivious to Newton's thrid law hehe!

Sorry that was really off topic lol

Are you guys really saying the NG rolls to the right on rotation? Now just imagine if a certain European manufactured aircraft did the same thing.

Rob Prest

Are you sure that its not crosswinds? In calm weather the NG has no issues flying straight.

I've sat in the jumpseat of a 737-800 flight twice, and the captain did mention it to me that the plane does roll to the right, just after rotation. On the second flight there were gusts coming from west, so they cancelled the roll out. From what I could see, the captain got to V1, hand one hand on the tiller and one on the yoke, so I'm guessing he was compensating with the tiller on the ground, then rudder just after Vr.

- Luke

I'm surprised he would use the tiller after a certain speed when the rudder is far more effective, did he trim the ailerons?

I'm surprised he would use the tiller after a certain speed when the rudder is far more effective, did he trim the ailerons?

He used the tiller up to 80 knots, then he was ruddering, and finally after Vr he used the yoke