Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

REX Essentials MDAC Error

Hi All

Well I'm struggling on this one. Every addon I have works, and that is quiet a lot!

But with this one, I've been everywhere to try and sort it. (BTW I'm on Win7 (*64)

Here's the REXe error log:

Error Log

ERROR TRAPING FOR REX ESSENTIAL

Class Location: SystemSound.setSoundStatus

Error: The .Net Framework Data Providers require Microsoft Data Access Components(MDAC). Please install Microsoft Data Access Components(MDAC) version 2.6 or later.

Class Location: SystemCheckProductKey.checkInternet

Error: The .Net Framework Data Providers require Microsoft Data Access Components(MDAC). Please install Microsoft Data Access Components(MDAC) version 2.6 or later.

Class Location: ucConfig.loadWinds

Class Location: ucConfig.cmdBrowse_GoClick

Here's what I have managed to find out:

The version information is found in the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\DataAccess\FullInstallVer

To check the registry, follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, click Run.
  • In the Open text box, type regedit and then click OK; this starts Registry Editor.
  • In the Navigation pane, drill-down to the following path:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\DataAccess
  • In the Details pane, look in the Name column for FullInstallVer and Version. Each of these keys will have corresponding version information in the Data column.
  • When finished, click Exit on the Registry menu to close Registry Editor.

My version of MDAC is 6.1.7601.17514

Now I don't know where to go

Any help would be just great.

I just want to see what REXe is like !

Clive

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

This ain't much of a help, but did you as in the REX support forums?

Hi Word Not Allowed

Yep, been asking on their forum since I got it. Strange thing is, everything else runs, AS2012, EFB etc.

So this is a very strange one.

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Guest firehawk44

My version of MDAC is 6.1.7601.17514

The latest MDAC version on my system is 6.1.7601.17632, 8/9/2011 but that's not an MDAC file, it's MDAC components. According to the Internet, the latest most stable version of MDAC components is 2.8 SP1 dated back in 2005. I believe the MDAC components were included with Microsoft dotnet framework with Vista and Windows 7. Make sure you have Windows Update turned on. You want to be sure you have all of the Microsoft Visuals Redistributables dated 2005, 2008, and 2010 and they are up-to-date (through the Windows Update program). MSV's are normally installed by the developer if it is not found on your system but maybe something happened where it was not. In any case, my components are dated later than the one's you indicated so that indicates to me you need to run Windows Update.

Best regards,

Jim

This link might be of interest too as MDAC is no longer in Windows 7 - http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/zh/w7itprogeneral/thread/5a16e793-81f2-44e6-adb3-7aa9ca7d4122.

Jim

Your're correct MDAC is part of the win7OS. My problem was that some of the component part (dll) had become corupt and are part of the 'core' of win7. Therefore no amount of 'windows updates' will change that, hence a reinstall. Everything was running just fine, until I tried to run REXe and then in the REXe error log it was saying that I had to install MDAC v 2.6 or later!

Anyway, to cut a long story short; I ended up have to do I complete OS reinstall of win7 to fix the issue. Which it did.

So for the last 48hrs I have be reinstalling FSX and all my scenery and addons, that part has been OK, its just so time comsuming

Just like to restate that it was not REXe that caused the issue, but something else had.

Anyway nothing like a clean OS system:0)

Regards

Clive

BTw I'm still reinstalling, hopefully should be done by wednesday.

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

I ended up have to do I complete OS reinstall of win7 to fix the issue

Do I hate those... my condolences.

Anyway nothing like a clean OS system

Ain't that right :smile: