Sign in to follow this  
DaveWW

Question regarding AI Traffic Density

FSX has two sliders for AI traffic density, one for Airline traffic and one for General Aviation traffic. How does FSX determine the difference between Airline and GA traffic when you are creating your own AI flights? Is the difference based on an entry in the aircraft.cfg file?

If you are using the default FSX traffic the answer is yes. Default use BGL and the AI traffic do not fly routes. If you want your AI traffic to fly routes and or you want to be able to create your own routes for AI to fly you woill need Ultimate Traffic 2 for that. You and do just that using the UT2 Powerpack.

Jim

Jim Wenham

FSX has two sliders for AI traffic density, one for Airline traffic and one for General Aviation traffic. How does FSX determine the difference between Airline and GA traffic when you are creating your own AI flights? Is the difference based on an entry in the aircraft.cfg file?

I think that when creating your own with a traffictools type program, if you make the flight VFR then it is GA, and IFR is airline. perhaps someone else can confirm this.

I think that when creating your own with a traffictools type program, if you make the flight VFR then it is GA, and IFR is airline. perhaps someone else can confirm this.

I used to make my own traffic for FS9 (never have for FSX yet since the MTX does it all) and I always thought that the aircraft type under [General] is what FS9 determined what would be GA and what would be airline traffic. I have never run across a distinction though so I may be wrong. I have made some GA planes VFR and others IFR and didn't notice the difference. Planes like Citations and other biz jets going VFR didn't make sense since they are long-range so I made them IFR. Never really checked on their whereabouts though.