Sign in to follow this  
DragonNGX

Saving Frames VC

The VC of this aircraft gives me a huge frame rate hit and I was wondering some good ways to get some back because I really don't like to use the 2D panel. I used the Performance Manager and put everything on low resolution. What others ways are there to get better performance.

The VC of this aircraft gives me a huge frame rate hit and I was wondering some good ways to get some back because I really don't like to use the 2D panel. I used the Performance Manager and put everything on low resolution. What others ways are there to get better performance.

Hi,

What are your computer specs?

Eric

2.10GHz

Thats your problem right there. Have you considered overclocking the cpu? To get good vc performance you will need to run aroung 3.60ghz or higher othwise you could just try turning your scenery complexity, autogen, cars and AI settings lower.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thats your problem right there. Have you considered overclocking the cpu? To get good vc performance you will need to run aroung 3.60ghz or higher othwise you could just try turning your scenery complexity, autogen, cars and AI settings lower.

Alright, I'll try that and report the results. Will turning the FO displays help? and How do I go about doing that?

If you mean turning them off, yes. (To me at least it did on my old computer)

All I have to do that is turn the brightness down and off?

On the second knob from the right on the captain's side, turn it to the right.

The Lower DU switch correct?

The Lower DU switch correct?

There is a specific setting in the fmc which turns off the FO's displays. It's under the performance category if I'm not mistaken.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

There is a specific setting in the fmc which turns off the FO's displays. It's under the performance category if I'm not mistaken.

I found it thanks.

I'm running at 3.2Ghz and I don't get any frame hits in the VC. I am running Hex-core however, so I suppose that could help with taking the hit.

Would 2.80ghz be okay for it?