Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

anway to have a completely engine off when you join a mp session?

the only thing I've figured out is to setup a default startup without fuel.

the props will spin and run a bit but not like it used to.. I wish I could join a mp session without the engine running and then having to shut it down..

Ciao!

Set your default flight with the engine off and save it, all flights will start the way you saved it.

Jay

I've done that it doesn't work.. it works when NOT in a mp session.. but when you join an MP session it comes in with engine running.

Ciao!

What server are you connecting to? I have used Gamespy, FSHost, and FSInn with a private server setup and they all work ok.

Jay

That may be the issue. When not using Gamespy, not all settings are transfered correctly.

Jay

That may be the issue. When not using Gamespy, not all settings are transferred correctly.

Not strictly true. My default settings are cold 'n' dark, yet when joining a Gamespy server, (Digital Theme Park) like Brian, my engines are running.

Having said that, it may be DTP have a specific set-up that makes for engines running. Hmm.

EDIT: Mind you, DTP is a direct connection so now I'm suddenly not so sure of myself! :unknw:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Go into GS, host your own session, and see if the problem persists

Jay

Go into GS, host your own session, and see if the problem persists

Hosting my own server = engines etc. OFF. So maybe it's a server option.

Here's my guess Brian. If you get a lot of people joining one particular airport, as is likely on DTP and you run out of parking places or more than one person chooses say, GA 1 it could be tricky if you start in the air cold and dark! Frantic comes to mind. :)