Sign in to follow this  
greg100o

301.42 drivers new odd flickering changing views in Full screen mode

I have a GTX 580. Upgraded from 285.76 which worked fine. Now only when I am in full screen mode, in the 2D cockpit as I change views I get this odd flickering as if the computer repaints different views about 10 times before choosing the view I am trying to get. it is very annoying. In windowed mode the transition to the new view is instant with no flicker.

Anyone else experiencing this or know why this might be happening? I turned V synch on and off and am using the same settings as before {not using inspector yet] Nothing seems to make it go away.

Thanks Greg

Greg Clark

OK I figured this out. Somehow when I upgraded the performance mulitple monitor box got enacted although I have only one monitor. Setting it back to single monitor eliminated the flicker, thankfully

Greg

Greg Clark

Now I must say I am not sure what is going on as the issue is back again, and has nothing to do with single monitor or not. Any ideas would be appreciated. I am now using inspector configured exactly as per Word Not Allowed's suggestions. The flickering with view changes makes full screen mode unusable.

Greg

Greg Clark

Since no one else seems to notice this issue I will be more precise. In full screen mode if I am using the 2-D cockpit view and looking forward out of the cockpit and switch views to look out of the cockpit to the left and then look forward again there is an ultrafast repaint of the view to the left, then ultrafast repaint of forward in Wide view, which shows the whole runway without the cockpit, as if I had pressed that button, and then it switches to the cockpit view forward again. Also I note that if I switch windows ie go to Addons, open FSUIPC, and then close it, the screen blanks and repaints the FSUIPC screen again and then goes back to the main FSX cockpit view to produce this flicker effect. it does not happen in FS 9.

Again this is new since the driver upgrade.

I am using GTX 580 with 3930K processor and FSX.

Greg Clark

Thought I heard the new 1/2 refresh vsync tweak can cause this. You using that?

Ya I have always used 1/2 refresh rate but I believe it was a driver issue with the 301.42. Downloading their newer beta driver 304.48 now to see if it fixes the vsync tearing/stutter

I installed the 304.48 and I have all kinds of issues like this when going from full screen to windows mode and back.I was beginning to think it was my 670 card.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Downloaded the new 304.48 and have been using it with no performance increase. Still the lagging and screen tearing.

I have same problem. To remove flashing change Vsync option in Nvidia Inspector from "1/2 refersh rate" to "force on".