Sign in to follow this  
Nane

REX Essential and the PMDG

Hello!

For those of you useing REX weather engine and suffer from speed/altitude drops.

I found out that in REX Essential you can trun the winds of. This solves this issue. You can fly with the weather engine updating weather, and not suffer from speed/altitude drops. Perhaps its not very fun to turn the winds off, but its way more enjoyable than the speed drops.

REX looks awesome btw;)

Nathan

Thanks nane will give it a try

ZORAN

Thx for the info but having no issues so far with the ngx at all

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I am suffering from weird NGX behaviour. I've seen it do things i'd never expect it to, like 45º bank angles due to winds. This is the only aircraft that does it btw, no other behaves like this.

Here are a few pictures of the behaviour...

path.png

Banking like crazy...

737_1.jpg

Turned all the way around, then back to the next waypoint... Completely lost...

737_2.jpg

Somehow the NGX cannot handle the weather injection from REX. Tried this with a 737 PIC from Wilco, Airbus from Wilco, Cessna Citation X from Eaglesoft and many others - All behave normally.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Cannot edit the topic anymore and i forgot to mention that this isn't happening with AS2012.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I'm using AS2012 and REX ESS together and getting the best of both worlds. I just turn of the REX weather engine and use it's textures. The weather is accurate and looks great.

Jerry Sterner

Agree with Pete; have been using Rex Essentials with the NGX with no issues, not to mention the weather engine has a lot of customizability as far as the weather engine is concerned. Of course, I seldom had any issues to speak of with REX2, either.

I'll admit to my REX bias, but when I see the few complaints, it reminds me of the issues that people raise in the NGX forums; how many people complained about sp1c 'breaking' their program, or having all sorts of issues with their NGX that they attribute to some flaw in the program, while for the overwhelming majority of users these issues are non-existent. I would suggest that while I'm not doubting those who claim to have issues with the REX injection process are actually experiencing issues, anymore than I doubt that those who experience issues with the NGX are actually experiencing those issues, I am equally skeptical that the blame lies with the program itself, as opposed to either operator error, or as a result of one of the myriad of hardware, software, add-on, and tweaking combinations that exist. It's not that I'm opposed to anyone using another weather engine if that is how they are able to achieve the best results, since in the end, that's what really matters. What I do take exception to is the implication made by a few that REX's weather engine is inherently flawed, or that a separate program is necessary in order for it to work properly, because that is not the case. I, as well as many others I'm sure, have logged countless hours in previous itinerations of REX software with nary an issue, and Essentials is, beyond just the textures, a phenomenal leap forward. Heck, the Flight Aware integration itself is a spectacular addition.

I'm in no way affiliated with REX, I'm just a happy and loyal customer. I also realize that in any realm, people who have complaints tend to be more vocal, while most satisfied customers remain silent, because, well, they're satisfied. I don't want the complaints of a few, which I have noticed, tend to be complaints repeated by an even smaller group, skew the impressions of a phenomenal piece of work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian Johnson

i9-9900K (OC 5.0), ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390, Nvidia 2080Ti, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, OS on Samsung 860 EVO 1TB M.2, P3D on SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND 2TB SSD

I'm using AS2012 and REX ESS together and getting the best of both worlds. I just turn of the REX weather engine and use it's textures. The weather is accurate and looks great.

Still using AS2012 and bits of REX textures myself. I installed REXE last night to give it a test shot and I dont know if it was just me, but it took so long for the weather to download and do all its stuff that I decided after 5 minutes of waiting to just shut it down and fire up AS2012. I dont know how long its supposed to take for REXE to do the whole download and computation process, but anything longer than 5 minutes is just to long for me. Beside the fact, all the weather depiction screen shots I have seen from REXE dont look like anything that I haven't seen AS2012 do already and it has the option to download historical weather data.

Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The REX engine is definitely above AS2012, one can notice that with just ~30 minutes of usage. The envelope around the airplane is there and it notices, i've never had more realistic weather, wind, turbulence than i have now. It's superrb and finally more than just textures - Even if the GUI is VERY heavy and sluggish. I would suggest like on previous versions to have a standalone weather generator, that would be the cherry on top of the cake.

The problem probably lies within NGX, if i use AS2012 and direct weather injection, i get the same issues (with ONLY the NGX, any other aircraft behaves normally) - Incredible banks and the A/C simply cannot follow the route sometimes. Odd.

Still using AS2012 and bits of REX textures myself. I installed REXE last night to give it a test shot and I dont know if it was just me, but it took so long for the weather to download and do all its stuff that I decided after 5 minutes of waiting to just shut it down and fire up AS2012. I dont know how long its supposed to take for REXE to do the whole download and computation process, but anything longer than 5 minutes is just to long for me. Beside the fact, all the weather depiction screen shots I have seen from REXE dont look like anything that I haven't seen AS2012 do already and it has the option to download historical weather data.

Sean Campbell

I had big problems with rex untill i was steered in the right direction.. Turns out its buggy with windows 7, I couldn't even uninstall it so had to re install over the top

Result, 20mins waity down to 5, no more lags or apparent freezing and runs like a dream, I highly recommend re install go to properties tick ADMIN and select operate in windows 7

ZORAN

Hello!

For those of you useing REX weather engine and suffer from speed/altitude drops.

I found out that in REX Essential you can trun the winds of. This solves this issue. You can fly with the weather engine updating weather, and not suffer from speed/altitude drops. Perhaps its not very fun to turn the winds off, but its way more enjoyable than the speed drops.

REX looks awesome btw;)

Nathan

So do you think is the wind injection that is causing it,

in my case it's like the entire atmosphere around my aircraft vanish! The plane read 0 knots and fall from the sky until I adjust it manually on the map menu. I'm running a test flight loggin all the datas using FSUIPC and send it to REX support forum, but so far the error did not accrued yet...

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Jivan Moulandi

I agree that REX-E for textures with DWC turned on in AS2012 is the best way to go. Very smooth performance and the winds, especially aloft, are very consistent. The REX weather engine still isn't quite up to where AS2012 is.

Nuno,

If you are getting violent "S-turns" like that, you don't have all weather options (FSX, FSUIPC, AS2012) configured properly. I am using DWC for the accurate winds aloft, and haven't had issues since I read the AS2012 documentation on how to set the sim up. Before I changed the settings AS2012 recommended, I was getting big time S-turns like you. It's not necessarily the NGX that's at fault for your issues...it's how the NGX interacts with various weather situations.

Ask 100 people and I bet 95 of them would say AS2012 is the best way to go for weather injection with REX-E for textures if you want the most realistic weather experience for airliners in FSX.

I have read the manual, but i admit i didn't setup FSX as described. I just entered the values into fsuipc.ini (i have a registered version).

I'm going through the manual again and do as they describe. I agree that the best combo is AS2012 + REX textures and i wasn't using DWC because of the S-TURNS, i'll report the results here.

After setting up FSX and FSUIPC, i'll give REX another run and see how it goes compared to AS2012.

I would like to add that I too have had this with the NGX, but also with the Queen just recently... I was out over the Atlantic and several times I had to take the yoke in hand to prevent my passengers from hitting the ceiling... I'm still on REX2Overdrive. I've now turned off turbulence effects with registered FSUIPC but have not made enough hours to say whether or not that is the solution.