Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

Some Questions about the checklist procedures.

first off a little bit off topic.. but I noticed that when you turn cabin temp mode on to auto or manual heat it is very noisy.. is this correct? I want to quiet the sound but if it is noisy in real life then I'll leave it be.

ok.. from the Carenado manual Normal Checklist p2

10. Oxygen Control ....pull on, check mask flow push off I know there is no mask.. but is there a way to test oxygen flow anyway? and how?

22. Engine anti ice.. on really on?? why turn on the engine ai now? makes no sense to me

fire detector test?? how is this modeled? I don't think so.. am I correct?

gear down annunciator test.. - how?/where?

hyd fluid sensor test - that little black button to the right of the gear handle. I push that in then what? I don't see anything happening.

ok jumping to p5

6. electric trim.. check(tab control wheel switch) - what am I suppose to do here?

12. overspeed governors ..how do I test this?

15 auto-feather test.. can someone explain this to me.. it says to goto p10 and I check this but when I hit the switch to goto test mode.. then what? isn't it suppose to kick into feathered mode automatically? a little explaining about this would be very helpful

and #13.. when it says to test at 1900rpm what step do I bring my power back to idle?

thanks

Brian S

Ciao!

Brian,

Test oxygen flow? No way to do that in the sim.

Engine anti-ice on? Yes, ON is correct. Engine anti-ice in King Airs actually changes the inlet airflow and passes it through screens to block particles that could damage the compressor blades. It works as well for FOD as it does for ice, so it's used on the ground to reduce the risk of damage to an engine from debris on the ground.

Don't think the fire detection system is modeled on the Carenado C90B. It's an option in the real aircraft, and not all King Airs have fire detection.

Gear down annunciator test? Don't think it's possible with this model.

Hydraulic fluid sensor test should illuminate the HYD FLUID LO annunciator. Pretty sure this works on the Carenado model.

For the Electric Trim item on the BEFORE TAKEOFF checklist, switch on the ELEVATOR TRIM switch, then (in the real airplane) check the control wheel trim thumb switch works.

I don't think the overspeed governor test works on the Carenado C90B, and it'd be a neat force feedback trick if someone got it to work. What you do in the real airplane is turn on the rudder boost, then press the prop governor test switch and advance one throttle at a time while feeling for rudder pedal movement. The King Air rudder boost system helps you maintain rudder into the good engine to offset the asymetrical thrust of an engine loss at high power settings.

For the autofeather test, you're looking for the opposite annunciator to extinguish and then the engine to feather. It doesn't work on the Carenado C90B.

Finally, for the primary governor test, you push the prop levers to full forward, then advance the power levers until you get 1900 RPM. Then, retard one prop lever at a time until you get the RVS NOT READY annunciator illuminated.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

ahh.. that is helpful.. thanks

one other bit

on p4 Before Taxi

2. crossfeed auto - when I do this I get a warning light goes off.. is this correct? seems wrong.. but.. what say you?

Ciao!

the TWO top switches are the ones you want to set IN THE MIDDLE (AUTO), not all the way up. It's a three pos. switch. All the way up is pumping fuel out of that tank.

pumpk.jpg

Brian,

When you set the crossfeed switch to AUTO, the [FUEL CROSSFEED] annunciator should extinguish.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200