Sign in to follow this  
zmak

scenery in area 8 not found

scenery /adak/ scenery in area 8 not found.

thats the message I get , driving me nuts. I have tried deleting and restoring In every possible configuration but get the same message. Anybody help?

ZORAN

Hello Zoran,

Perhaps you added some scenery for Adak, Alaska, it is listed on your scenery configuration file, but inadvertently you deleted the scenery later?

Now, FS cannot find that scenery and is letting you know. You can either remove that entry from your scenery configuration file or re-install it if you really want.

Best regards.

Luis

Luis

Thanks for that Im just starting to add some free scenery and that's what I needed to know

However even after deleting all traces of Adak and DELETING it in the config file it still shows up

ZORAN

Try deleting it from the Scenery Library.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

There are various copies of the scenery configuration file and only one is active. In Win XP, the active file is in Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX (I think!) - if you are using Win 7, then some other kind soul will have to indicate its location.

Best regards.

Luis

thanks for the replies, I have deleted it from the scenic libraries, the only other option is to delete all of scenery 8 but it points to a large folder full of manual scenery that took me ages to put together.

I will try to see if there are other config files that are hiding.

ZORAN

scenery /adak/ scenery in area 8 not found.

thats the message I get , driving me nuts. I have tried deleting and restoring In every possible configuration but get the same message. Anybody help?

You cannot just delete the entry in scenery.cfg, that will cause all sorts of problems.

Unfortunately the area number in the message doesn't help since it isn't displayed.

You need to look throught the Settings\Scenery Library until you see something containing adak and then either delete the area or edit the area to point to the correct location

missingentry1mnik.jpg

George

thanks for the help, I scouted around think I found the last file so after making adjustments FSX restarted and no error message ..at last

now i do have a sense of humur but ADAK is really testing it LOL, when I load scenic library its there! showing as an error scenery 8. I can live with that for now, at least FSX can be launched without interruption

ZORAN