Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Can't find a working version of Christchurch Intl., NZCH. Anyone help?

Hi. I have a nice version of NZCH installed which I think I must have originally downloaded from NZScenery.com - now seems to be defunct (?). The zip file (I always archive zips I download) is called

Christchurch-1.7-full-install-240206.exe

The problem is that major parts of the airport, as installed from the zip file, have no texture.

I have disassembled the relevant bgl file and it appears that the scenery entries are in this format (no bitmap associated):

<SceneryObject

lat="S43 29.29856"

lon="E172 32.38880"

alt="0.0000M"

altitudeIsAgl="TRUE"

pitch="0.00"

bank="0.00"

heading="0.00"

imageComplexity="SPARSE">

<LibraryObject

name="e2978d1c403352c66ce75086df59e5fe"

scale="2.38"/>

Now I have just about every scenery library imaginable installed, Rwy12, EZScenery and so on and so forth. I never gets textureless objects like this, so I can't imagine what the missing files can be. There is no indication in the pdf files with the scenery which libraries have been used (the information, they say, is on the website, which as far as I can see no longer exisits, as I say). Has anyone got a copy of this scenery with the terminals and buildings properly textured? The texture folder is very large, 1.32GBs. but most of the bitmaps are photo-real files of the "121332313112200Hw.bmp" variety.

I tried replacing the library object information with a file name I know works (i.e. change the name="e2978d1c403352c66ce75086df59e5fe" line to a value I know gives a texture) but for some reason the recompiled bgl file then misses out the terminal buildings altogether and the airport is bare.

So, I gave up and installed an alternative - nzch05v1.zip - but no matter where I position the a/c on the apron at startup, I always get an error message when I start FS9 at the airport, "You are starting in a location in which your aircraft will collide with another object. Choose a different starting location."

I have no properly working NZCH then. I would REALLY like to get the Photoreal version working, with textured terminals (Christchurch-1.7-full-install-240206.exe) but any help much appreciated. (Is there an NZ FS9 scenery site these days, by the way? Didn't come up with anything Googling).

Thanks,

Martin

Go here:

http://fs-snowman.co...y_view&iden=143

You will have to register because some dipstick hacked the site recently, so membership is now required (free).

Ian Warren's scenery has an issue with crashboxes around buildings, and you probably need to turn off crash detection to get in there.

For more NZ FS9 sceneries, look at this (At flightsim.com, AVSIM is currently offline):

FS2004 (ACOF) - Misc. FS2004 Google Earth Scenery Database for New Zealand [ Download | View ]

Name:

nzfs9f.zip

Size: 93,295 Date: 03-30-2011 Downloads: 144

nzfs9f.gif

FS2004 Google Earth Scenery Database for New Zealand - Final. This is a .kmz file showing most of the FS2004 sceneries available for NZ (75 or so). Just double-click on the file and they should show up in Google Earth. Airports are categorised, so you can accurately filter by airport type. Download links are provided for each, as well as a link to a screen shot.

Thanks for the links. I do have a/c crash detection off (I checked) so no idea why I still get the error.

Meanwhile, if anyone can advise re. the missing textures, I am still interested.

M

All building textures are photoreal and specific to the airport scenery. Many will not be found in any other Object library.

Best to do a download of the smaller stand alone version (also from the above link) and extract the necessary 200+ textures.

Regards,

Dorian

The snowman site is down for maintenance it seems: I'll try later and report back..

M

I can't get into the snowman page - the site is down maybe? I did get in a few days back and registered but never received a confirmation.

Does anyone by any chance have the 200 or so bitmaps that they could send me? I guess it wouldn't be infringing any copyright as they have been freely downloadable, and are useless without the bgl files (which I have). I'll post an email address, or maybe the files are to large (when zipped) to send via email?

Just a thought.. (Or does anyone know where the smaller 'stand-alone' version is available on any other site?).

Thanks,

Martin

Later: Site OK now but I can't log in as I have received no confirmation email

Thanks for the link, but I am not sure which file there I need to download. I am looking for a file that will have the bitmaps to fill in the screenshot, at the top (anyone have this scenery with the terminals and buildings textured as they should be?). I have opened all the pages and the only NZCH files I see are the references to FSX files at the bottom of page 1 and the Ian Warren scenery that crashes every time I try to open it. But no FS9 ..

Martin

Thanks - that's the file I have and of which I took the original screenshot. Totally confused though as I have gone to p.3 and this file is not there. I opened all 7 pages earlier and used Win7 search to locate the words 'Christchurch' or 'NZCH' on the page. This file did not come up..... Unless I am now as blind as a bat, I don't get it.

Well, no matter, with the direct link I'm downloading it again, just to be sure I didn't get a corrupt file first time around.

If anyone else cares to install this, do you too get blank terminal & building textures?

M

LATER: Downloaded and installed the file - it's identical to the one I have and still terminals are without texture. I even tried moving all the files from the NZCH texture folder to the main FS9 texture folder - still the same blank buildings. Result, as I said in the thread title - I still have no NZCH (apart from the bare default) which is acceptable. Have to fly elsewhere for now...

The hacking of the snowman website is just sick.. we are really sorry Lawrie...

You can make nzch05v1 work by first going to a runway start point, then slew or taxi to the apron ( went to just north of runway 29 threshold ) and make a start point there, and then you can save the flight to start there.

I was getting the obstacle crash anywhere other than a start point as you were even with crash detection off.

The ILS positions need correcting as well. I used an afcad designed for that scenery, opened it with ADE9X, orphaned both and then added the correct ones. I still get occasional problems with taxiway textures moving with the a/c movement but otherwise it's fairly good.

Colin B

Okay, looks as if the stand alone version is no longer available from Snowman's site. I could possibly email them to you if you PM me your email address. It makes a 40.3 Mb file, though.

Regards,

Dorian

Colin, thanks for the reply, but that was the first thing I tried: I loaded NZCH at the runway and then slewed to a parking position. Saved the flight and restarted FS. Same crash message as before. Have tried several different gates and parking positions, to no avail. I haven't as yet added one to the AFCAD, as you have done, I'll try that later. Will look at the ILS positions too, they are easily moved with AFCAD2, or ADE9X, as you say. At least then I will have a working Christchurch airport..

But the photoreal version is really the best. Is this the one you have Dorian, and all the buildings are OK? I would be really grateful to try the stand-alone version, but I don't think you'd be able to send (or I receive) a file of that size. If you have the time and inclination, you could possibly upload it to a free web-hosting site and let me know the URL? I use this one, which is easy (just click the upload button):

https://rapidshare.com/

Don't worry if for some reason you'd rather not .. :-)

Many thanks!!

Martin

Martin

I tried going to a gate but, like you, found it CTD, so I added a Start Position near the apron and that worked. Next thing to try,... remove a gate and replace it with a Start Position.

Colin B

Next thing to try,... remove a gate and replace it with a Start Position.

It doesn't work. Swapping Gate for Start Position still results in CTD. Put Start Position on taxiway or apron just north of threshold of runway 29 and save flight there and you can then start without CTD.

Colin B