Sign in to follow this  
Javiz

Sound Acelleration Slider

Hi,

I have used it with XP, the sound acelleration slider found on the DXdiag sound tab. It is an initial solution to tackle the 'famous' crackling sound that can be heard while in the VC of an FS9 aircraft. I've gone back from FSX to fly jetliners in FS9 and it's the only thing ( the crackling sound in the VC ) i have a problem with.

I run Win7/64 on a i7-980x 3.33GHz, GF GTX480, 12GB Mem and a Creative SB Xfi Titanium Pcie soundcard. No problems with crackling sounds in FSX.

Advice is to turn the sound acelleration slider back a few tads and with a bit of luck the crackling sound should then be dealed with.

So i run DXdiag and open up the first sound tab only to find that the acelleration slider seems to have disappeared..... It's not on the other two sound tabs neither...

I am just wondering, can it be found somewhere else or is not supported anymore in W7 ??... ( i have searched for it on my system with zero result... )

And if not, might there be another solution to get rid of that annoying crackling sound in FS9 ?....

Thanks very much for any help !

Cheers,

Jan

Jan

Guest firehawk44

I did a Google search for 'annoying crackling sound in FS9' and there are many possible solutions posted from individuals throughout the Flight Sim Community. Might be best that you check out all of those possible solutions.

Best regards,

Jim

Yes, did that too, Jim, and tried a few without any result. In the mean time i've found that not all FS9 jet soundsuites produce this crackling sound. For the time being i'll just use those that do not have this problem. Pity about one of the best i could find for the CF6-80 engines which does produce this crackling sound.

What rests is the seemingly missing sound acelleration slider in W7..... Do you happen to know anything about that ?............

Would love to try it because i remember having used it years ago with FS9 on XP for the same reason. And it worked !

Thanks for your reply, Jim.

Cheers,

Jan

Jan

Guest firehawk44

What rests is the seemingly missing sound acelleration slider in W7..... Do you happen to know anything about that ?............

Microsoft removed hardware acceleration in Windows starting with Vista.

Best regards,

Jim

Guest firehawk44

I just remembered, if you're getting crackling sound in FSX, there is one possible fix. Here's a quote from NickN's article about Setting up FSX and Tuning It:

"Based on research done by Sargeski on sound crackle issues and latency, he discovered raising bufferpools on a 1GB single core Nvidia card will eliminate such sound problems. They are related to high autogen slider and latency on buss.

To resolve the issue the user MUST have a 1GB SINGLE CORE Nvidia card such as the GTX 280 or GTX 285:

[bufferpools]

poolsize=490000000 <--- that will be somewhere between 450 and 490MB"

Best Regards,

Jim

Microsoft removed hardware acceleration in Windows starting with Vista.

Thanks Jim, good to know, don't have to look for it anymore.

I just remembered, if you're getting crackling sound in FSX, there is one possible fix.

Luckily sound in FSX works fine, no crackling there, just in FS9. I have replaced the soundsuites with ones that don't produce the crackling sound so everything's fine now.

Thanks for the help ! B)

Cheers,

Jan

Jan