Sign in to follow this  
Garfield_x

Why are all topics gone?

Hello

Can someone explain why all the recent topics in this forum concerning the new library are deleted?

Funny how they think dozens of posts about the new library in hours just a vocal minority. :Thinking:

Maybe one of he staff can explain it too.

I already had read all those posts the moment they were posted,

I know all what was written in some of these threads and i also posted in one of them (which is now deleted), and there where things said by some staff members which a certain attitude that i didn't like.

What is said is said, lots of people had already read it. So deleting such posts is in my opinion a bad behavior and more looks like censorship.

As we (World of AI) are responsible for a lot of downloads from the file library (read users who visit AVSIM) (check the daily, monthly and yearly statistics) it seems to be fair to know why my post was deleted by the staff of AVSIM.

Hello

Can someone explain why all the recent topics in this forum concerning the new library are deleted?

If there is no new library, there isn't much point in having topics that discuss it, is there?

As we (World of AI) are responsible for a lot of downloads from the file library (read users who visit AVSIM) (check the daily, monthly and yearly statistics) it seems to be fair to know why my post was deleted by the staff of AVSIM.

All those Topics had to do with the new library and were not removed for any other reason than the new library doesn't exist any longer. Your post, and all other posts there, were not removed for any other reason than the new library no longer exists. Why allow topics to remain dealing with a feature that doesn't exist and can only lead to future confusion? To attribute that action to some nefarious, evil intent on our part is totally incorrect.

Well maybe there is no reason to start new ones, but deleting the old ones is a step to far in my opinion. That's more some kind of censorship.like unwilling posts are deleted.

Especially because of some posts of a staff member which were a bit too far.

Well maybe there is no reason to start new ones, but deleting the old ones is a step to far in my opinion. That's more some kind of censorship.like unwilling posts are deleted.

Especially because of some posts of a staff member which were a bit too far.

So you think that I removed all those topics and the dozen or so FAQS I wrote that consumed a hundred or so hours of my time just to remove the post of one of our staff members? Don't you think it would have been easier for me to just delete the post of our staff member?

I don't know, thats why i asked for the reason.

In some of those posts there were some good tips too. Maybe those would have been handy to be kept.

Sometimes it is good to reread what have been written and learning from it even if the posts are not on topic anymore.

One lesson history teaches us is when it’s time to move on, this is one such opportunity to move forward with more data than we started with. System constraints now feature in the decision making process, Timelines are an issue with a finite term of serviceability remaining for the software.

Format and Feature Set Requirements have definition after two attempts at bringing the software into the database management millennium, much has been learned and can be brought to the planning table.

Planning by forum suggestions has been tried, that process too can be adapted to software development standards with dedicated focus groups comprised of Members, Contributors, Library Staff, IT Developers and Senior staff using team speak to brainstorm, define the task and get it done.

Few deny the need to get it accomplished, too few see the necessity to get it done soon.

This is becoming a dictatorship and fast.

Did you think this forum...or any forum, a democracy?

I would hope to see folks volunteer to be part of the solution

Chuck, with all due respect, and not only to you, being here voicing an opinion is in essence a part of what you just asked. There were many opinions given my both users but more importantly "contributors" who as much as any of you at Avsim have given hundreds and thousands of hours to producing "freeware" material and uploading it to this site and, in the process helped make, as much as anyone else, Avsim what it is today!...Let's not forget that!!

There has been a new trend setting in lately, it seems that the time that members, authors, contributors spend is less important than that of the Avsim team??? That our free time and that the effort that many of us put in to continuing to keep this hobby alive is less valuable than yours? I read most of the comments made in those post that Peter (Garfield, WOAI) mentioned and I find them quite insulting, and I'm not alone!

Belonging to some of the largest AI groups and having discussed this with many of them I think that treating suggestions by those that contribute a large chuck of the library traffic, traffic that keeps Avsim at the top of the "Freeware" libraries out there of which there are many... is foolish. Avsim would not be what it is today without the community at large especially those who upload the most sought after files in the Library.. Never mind the fact that many of those people are the core Avsim supporters that have been there for you all along..through the "hack" and the support that was given by many including donations!!

I have read most of the post, before they were deleted, there were many opinions there and almost all were treated as if people were piles of dunk never mind that it was you at Avsim that asked for opinions in the first place!! I will not make further comments regarding this and I know of a few others that will not as well. There is a time and place when executive decisions must be made but not this way. This site is not the work of any one person, it is the combined effort, time and passion of an entire community and it's contributors, and as such, there should be a mutual respect between the two....

Frank Severino

If as much effort went into trying to be helpful as has gone into being other than helpful, things would improve much more quickly... Just saying...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator