Sign in to follow this  
Dean_EGTC

Lancair - TAS?

The Flying Guide indicates that by turning the black knob on the ASI we should be able to set the scale to our corresponding altitude. Unfortunately this just adjusts barometric pressure.

One for the SP?

Adjust the knob on the ASI, not the altimeter. I just finished a tour of Mount Baker from 3W5, I adjusted it to read "10" for 10000 ft and line that up with -4 for -4 deg oat and the outside white band now shows the TAS.

-Iain Watson-

Mine works fine.... you are turning this knob right? (ASI = air speed indicator)

delicious7-1.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I am indeed turning the ASI knob and not the altimeter button.

I can assure you that each click on this button increases / decreases the baro pressure.

Has anyone changed their default button behaviour from click and drag to left and right click?

I can confirm Dean's findings...I switched to left and right click interaction with the instruments, and right- and left-clicking the ASI knob affects the baro pressure knob. Note: scrolling the mouse wheel does NOT and operates correctly for both the altimeter knob and the baro pressure knob.

Good find, Dean, and Rob will want to take note of this minor bug.

BTW - the click and drag option seems to work correctly with both as well.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Good find! I have a bug (hardly a bug) but the pitot heat click doesn't sound with the mouse wheel, only with left click (don't lose sleep over it Rob haha).

-Iain Watson-

Thx Wayne for confirming I am not a complete noob :)

Hi Chaps,

Well spotted everyone. It's a bug and got through our usually very strict tests. It is affecting ONLY the option to left/right click the mouse when adjusting the TAS knob on the airspeed indicator. If you choose the option to click and drag this does not happen. We have uploaded a new installer.

If you always use the click/drag method the TAS adustment always works so you won't need to re-download. If you do prefer the left/right click method please re-download and re-install.

My humble apologies and I hope this has not spoiled your enjoyment of the Legacy too much. The new download also corrects a small error in the checklist.

Best Wishes,

Rob - RealAir

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

I knew I wasn't perfect :)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

i just redownloaded the file from the link provided from my purchase e-mail and the modified date of the installer is June 2 2012. is this the latest installer?

i just redownloaded the file from the link provided from my purchase e-mail and the modified date of the installer is June 2 2012. is this the latest installer?

Yes. Whatever the date says the current installer (which you have) contains the fix.

Rob - RealAir

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page