Sign in to follow this  
Airbusman

Some maintenance related features

Would certain maintenance related pages such as this be featured? Its really neat to see how the exact system is operating.

777_maintenance_time.jpg

Would certain maintenance related pages such as this be featured? Its really neat to see how the exact system is operating.

777_maintenance_time.jpg

Ahhhh... looks interesting. Hope it's implemented.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

I really hope it is gonna be implemented, as I work on these birds... It's something I expect from a so called "hardcore simulation" add-on.

I really hope it is gonna be implemented, as I work on these birds... It's something I expect from a so called "hardcore simulation" add-on.

What kind of work do you do on them?

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

Fixin' the big birds :)

Aircraft mechanic ;)

Those Maintenance Pages are, as said above, very helpfull ti see the state of a system.

• Upvote 1

They are not on the NGX though (accessible by CDU in real bird)

They are not on the NGX though (accessible by CDU in real bird)

That's something I was wishing for in the NGX along with some BITE tests.

Aircraft mechanic ;)

Those Maintenance Pages are, as said above, very helpfull ti see the state of a system.

Does the 777 also have BITE tests like the 737 does? If it does, YouTube seems to be deprived of some videos of them... [nudge, nudge]

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

The 777's philosophy to maintenance has radically changed compared to the previous Boeings.

It sure has BITE (Built In Test Equipment).

The maintenance pages are dispalyed on the DU's (Left or Right ND, or Lower DU), activated via the CDU and scrolled via the trackpad under the CDU.

Then, for all the tests and reports (most of them), it goes via the MAT (Maintenance Access Terminal), at the right aft of the cockpit. A big display with a trackball, where all the BITE and system tests are available.

On the previous Boeings, the MAT did not exist, everything was to be done via the CDU's, in the CMC menu. Not as friendly user as in the T7, but.... it's doing fine :)

Aircraft mechanic ;)

Jerry

Where at? I ask because I do the same, at FedEx.

I'm at AFR, based in CDG ;)

I enjoy seeing all the FDX birds comming in and out every night, they pass just in front of my hangar =)

I have worked on the Boeing 737 Classics (-300/-500) for Southwest Airlines (at a MRO) and calling up the MX pages is a pain in the butt, that's when we called in the Avionics weenies to pull up the pages for us. But the BITE equipment itself is located in the Avionics compartment behind the Nose wheel well and it gives you a code if something is wrong, you look up the code (if there is a fault) and you go to troubleshooting. But it would be sweet to have that on PMDG 777 especially if you make a hard landing and bust a hydraulic line in the main landing gear (just a scenario to throw out there). By the way jerry150686 or Allan Burek, how do you apply for Aircraft Mechanic position at FedEX? Can you guys point me in the right direction? :Batting Eyelashes:

• Upvote 1

Most of the maint pages can only be accessed by maint personnel as per the a/c maint manuals, flight manuals, etc.. On a CRJ700/900 there is a switch behind the capt chair on the bulkhead that will display the maint menus/actions on either PFD1 or PFD 2. This would not be something you want to do in flight. Not to mention Bombardier prohibits the use of the "lil red switch" by flight crew.

Thanks

JR

Just another tid bit..

On the DHC8 100/200's, next to the captains left knee there are 4 switches for maint use. 2 are for trimming the engines and the other two are for pulling/clearing fault codes from each engines ECU. A bit more old school than modern boeings & regionals, but very useful when troubleshooting engine problems during runs and rigging.

Thanks

JR

On 6/5/2012 at 1:09 AM, jerry150686 said:

I'm at AFR, based in CDG

Hi there ... very glad to see i am not the lonely Engineer in this forums ... thought all the people are just pilots .... btw ... i am just Graduated on B1.1 Course ... looking forward to a good airline to stream the dreams ...

again . Glad to see you here Sir. 

Regards

• Upvote 1