Sign in to follow this  
awash2002

Leaning the Lancair

I want to know if I'm leaning the Lancair too much here are the EGT/CHT from my recent flight at 22"MP 2200 prop rpm EGT 1446 CHT 255 fuel flow 8.4gph OAT 8°C cruise altitude 8000

Lean it for highest fuel flow, can't really do much more than that.

I can't say off the top of my head if your figures are good, I don't normally see 8 deg at 8000ft. I think I use 2400rpm min too. 8.4 seems about right.

-Iain Watson-

That's what the engine monitor said and if I had a RV8 I would want that kind of engine monitor in that plane what company makes the engine monitor gauge that RealAir uses?

I use around 10 degrees cooler on the rich side of peak temp for best power.

Cheers, Andy.

I lean 100/110F ROP, wich gives me some 11/13 GPH, depending on FL.

Mauricio Brentano

OK I mainly use that power setting for very long flights as in 585NM to 600NM distances just playing around local I run it 25/25 25"MP 2500 prop and I lean for best power but I'll give your power setting a try MauB what do you set the prop and MP to?

OK I mainly use that power setting for very long flights as in 585NM to 600NM distances just playing around local I run it 25/25 25"MP 2500 prop and I lean for best power but I'll give your power setting a try MauB what do you set the prop and MP to?

Depends if I want speed or range, but I basicaly try to stay squared if possible (25/25 or 24/24, etc).

Depends on the mood also, sometimes I just fly full throttle and full RPM, just for fun. It's a simulator after all.

Mauricio Brentano

I will but at 8,000 you don't get above 23" and that's at almost full throttle

I will but at 8,000 you don't get above 23" and that's at almost full throttle

Correct, as I said, "if possible".

So above 8000', full throttle and RPM as you like.

Mauricio Brentano

OK and the highest I've taken it was 9,000 I've not taken it to 11,000 or 10,000 yet I tend to stay around 8,000 to 9,000 cruise altitude

I've taken to 13500 (oxygen on board lol) yesterday to stay above MSA and don't remember exactly which was the MP (around 18 maybe), but the fuel flow was 10 GPH or something like that, a bit less perhaps. I'm a lazy pilot. :Thinking:

Mauricio Brentano

I want to try and go over at 12,500 on my way to Reno in FSX this year yes I'm racing the Legacy but what aircraft mods will I need for racing at almost 5000 feet airport elevation?