Hi all, im having some troubles with my machine, i hope someone on here can help me

My current set up..

i7 2600K

Z68x-UD7-B3

EVGA GTX570

16GB RAM

So i have been trying to overclock this rig, however i can't overclock past 4.4, and even at that it is not stable in any way!

my computer wont last longer than 12 hours before a blue screen once overclocked.

From what i have read some people say some computers just dont overclock as easy as others, and i have followed guides to a T from youtube and this forum and cant achieve anything im happy with at all frown.gif

My question is, if its true that some computers overclock better than others, is that due to the CPU or the MOBO?

if so i want to invest in maybe something better if thats possible as i really want my machine to run like it should.

Thanks in advance smile.gif

Kane

You should post your PSU specs too. And what tests have been done prior to the BSOD, there are experienced members here who will definitely help you with your system.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

What voltages are you using? And what cooler? Are you monitoring your temps while you overclock? If so, how high are they getting? What stress tests are you using to check for stability?

This thread at overclock.net has links to all the tools you need, guides, and pretty much all the Sandy Bridge overclocking information you could ever want.

Could you post us which error code BSOD gives you? Most probable reasons for unstable overclock are:

-too low vcore

-HT on

-bad PSU

-unsufficient cooling

Another thing to try is if your 16GB RAM is on four sticks, take out two so you are left with 8GB), and see if that gets you past 4.4GGHz.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Hey,

thanks for the feedback everyone, i will try my best to answer all questions, im not that good with computers but will try my best :)

My PSU is a Corsair HX850W and i have a H70 cooler

I have tried auto vcore and also tried alot of settings between 3.5 and 4 and a few times above 4 slightly, however when i do set my vcore

off auto, it just doesnt boot :(

It has worked a few times with temps around 65 or so using core temp.

Cooling wise i have i have 9 fans running in the NZXT phantom case pulling from front and sides and pushing out the top including the H70 cooling.

Im sorry if this does not help much, but i just cant even get into my computer when i try and overclock past 4.4 and when i do it just does not last.

it recently has not blue screened when i have seen it, im trying to sit around and wait for it to blue screen but been busy and dont have much time to try and get the code.

Thanks again everyone for the advice so far :)

Don't use auto vcore. Try 1.25 and make sure load line calibration is on a high setting in the BIOS. Also, disable Hyper Threading (HT).

You can use a utility to view the stop codes, called blue screen viewer from nirsoft. No need to observe one occur.