Sign in to follow this  
olibarke

Malta Block Coastline!

Hi, slight problem with my coastlines around Malta, and others I may not have found yet!

I have UT:Europe installed, which may be having an effect on it.

Any ideas?? Cheers!Untitled11.jpg

What version do you have?

Make sure it is the latest version and also with updates/patches.

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

Often happens when one removes a scenery that had additional files that altered the default coastlines. Did you remove any prior scenery from this area?

I think I had the Luqa Malta payware installed, but reinstalled it to see if it helped, no avail!

Might check AP951170.BGL in Eurw/scenery and see if you have the original installed. It may have been changed by ISD LIRF2005. It gets dicey when sceneries attempt compatibility and start making changes with each other, and then when one gets removed strange things happen.

Sorry to bust another idea, but I do have the original installed, and yeh I do have ISD LIRF installed too.

I tried disabling LIRF and no change, must be a file missing or config somewhere!

I think checking the Italian sceneries is on the right track - if I remember, Sardinia was a major culprit for overwriting stuff in Eurw/scenery and rubbishing Monaco for example.

The only Italian Scenery I have installed is ISD LIRF, and i've checked that AP951170.bgl is the original that is on the disk. Still no luck. Is there something specific I should be checking?

Thanks for all the ideas so far!

AP9 files have only to do with airport facility data. Coastlines are affected by HP9 files and HL9 (you have to zoom in to see the HL9 "beaches"). Also the landclass can affect things. UT in FS9 AFAIK disables the default HP9 and HL9 files (changes filename extension to .xxx) in the coverage area, and installs its own replacements.

scott s.

OK, did some more checking. There looks to be 3 AP951170.BGLs.

There's the default, but you may want to use only when neither LIRF2005 and the Malta scenery is installed/active.

Then it looks like the LIRF2005 scenery uses its own AP951170.BGL which is 75KB in size.

There's also a Malta AP951170.BGL which is 74KB in size. This one works fine for me with both sceneries active.

Check your Islands of Malta scenery for a Eurw folder for this file and put it into your World/Scenery/Eurw/scenery folder.

If this doesn't do it, I am afraid it will be a matter of trial and error....