Sign in to follow this  
utd4life10

Runway advisory system

Saw in a real life video of the 737ng the other day that the cockpit had announcements when entering a runway and thought it would be cool to have that in the sim.

I stumbled on to this freeware software and it's really good! It can be found here: http://community.vatsim-uk.co.uk/topic/25710-free-runway-awareness-and-advisory-system-for-fs/

Enjoy,

Dan

Yeah, we know.

There is a better version in development by Tebin Ulrich and FS2crew by the way.

Yeah, we know.

There is a better version in development by Tebin Ulrich and FS2crew by the way.

You can't really use the collective term 'we' as I didn't know, so if I didn't there will be others that didn't either, thus why I posted it here.

And ah cool, sounds great.

Nice little add-on. Thanks for share!

My two cents. Section for exe.xml for autolauch the raas. FsRaas11 is in root sim folder is assumed

<Launch.Addon>
 <Name>RAAS</Name>
 <Disabled>False</Disabled>
 <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
 <Path>FsRaas11\FsRaas11.exe</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

FS2Crew? I didn't know, where is it reported?

James Goggi

There is a developmental thread in PMDG General section by Tebin, where he showcased his RAAS, which he coded on base of php. He also called for some developer with FS integration experience to help him port it to C and make it a gauge or a module, which call eventually Brian York answered, and announced that Tebins RAAS will be developed with FS2Crew.