Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Tie wraps, bubble wrap, packing tape and cleaning up a few loose ends...

Captains-

I have a few items that are not related to any specific development project- so I figured i would separate them out into a unique thread.

GoFlight:

=======

A few months ago, I issued a very harsh critique of GoFlight, their product quality and their management style. This critique was very pointed, and was issued in part out of sheer frustration with what I felt was very unfair handling of PMDG customers by GoFlight, as well as some misrepresentations that were made by members of the GoFlight team.

Based upon our back-channel conversation with GoFlight- and some very public steps taken by GoFlight, I think it is important to address this issue again in order to make sure that everyone know that Tony over at GoFlight has been doing his level-best to correct the problems that created the dispute in the first place- and I would like to thank him for taking our concerns seriously.

I would also like to apologize to Tony for taking longer to re-address this issue than I should have.

PMDG and GoFlight at one time enjoyed a very close working relationship. Lately things have not been so cordial, so I am glad to see this chapter close and we will do what we can to help GoFlight support our products to whatever extent they desire.

Prepar3D:

========

We continue to get a number of questions about our position on PMDG product support for P3D. On the face of it, I like the idea of giving you access to the additional platform, but we still have some hurdles to clear in order to partner more effectively with Lockheed Martin. Based on our understanding of Lockheed Martin's intentions for the P3D platform, I do not see that product becoming a strong consumer based platform, but the obvious developmental similarity to FSX certainly makes it easier to create a line of dedicated P3D products. If we can figure out a way to work effectively with Lockheed and the P3D platform, we'll let you know...

XPlane10:

========

We are still evaluating the Xplane platform for future PMDG development. I had anticipated making some decisions in this regard during April, but unfortunately the workflow on the 777 has prevented us from going through the agenda previously created. Translation? Yes- this is still in the works, but we haven't been meeting our own timelines. I'll get back to this one in July and let you know where we are.

MOVING DAY!

===========

In mid June, PMDG's HQ will be moving from Nevada back to Virginia, where the company was founded 15 years ago. This move will take about three weeks to complete, but you should notice no disruption at all, as our infrastructure is unaffected by the move. Our long term plan is to bring more of PMDG's development resources under one roof over the next few years, and this should help us continue moving toward our objective on improving development timelines.

VARIOUS MINOR SERVICE OUTAGES:

==============================

We are in the process of bringing on-line a number of improvements that will help us to meet the 777 release day volumes with ease. This involves retiring some older hardware, bringing newer hardware online, refurbishing some servers for second tier duty and the like. As we move various pieces around to get them set up the way we want- you may notice some minor service outages at various times and places.

We apologize in advance if it creates any inconvenience and we are doing everything we can to keep any service disruptions to less than five minutes...

(Yes! We are prepping for the 777 release! Exciting times!)

Okay- that covers us for today, I think... I will have some product specific threads for you shortly!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Wow, you're alive. Awesome news.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Great news. Thanks for the update. I hope your move of PMDG HQ goes well. If you r anything like me i hate the process of moving so good luck and hope all goes well

Wow, you're alive. Awesome news.

And here I didn't think anyone noticed. :Hypnotized:

I'm flattered!

(Now I'd better get back to the 777 before anyone notices I'm gone.... 'scuze me...pardon me...)

(Now I'd better get back to the 777 before anyone notices I'm gone.... 'scuze me...pardon me...)

Go ahead.

:LMAO:

Edited by linux731

Amazing news Randazzo ! Happy to see you among us !!!

Moving to Virginia? That is awesome news! Would be great to attend a PMDG meet up or something. Or you guys should come visit the military aviation museum (www.militaryaviationmuseum.org) where I volunteer at sometime to check out the functional warbirds.

MOVING DAY!

===========

In mid June, PMDG's HQ will be moving from Nevada back to Virginia, where the company was founded 15 years ago. This move will take about three weeks to complete, but you should notice no disruption at all, as our infrastructure is unaffected by the move. Our long term plan is to bring more of PMDG's development resources under one roof over the next few years, and this should help us continue moving toward our objective on improving development timelines.

If you need help moving in, let me know. That or let Aaron know and he can drag me into the deal. I just helped my old roommate make the opposite journey a few weeks back. That's a long move!

Kyle Rodgers

If you need help moving in, let me know. That or let Aaron know and he can drag me into the deal. I just helped my old roommate make the opposite journey a few weeks back. That's a long move!

Kyle-

You and Aaron are buddies? Nice! We'll have to schedule some time around the grill at the airport to swap airplane stories. (You know the ones where the landings are always better, the engine failure always more spectacular, the copilot is always dumber and the F/As always better looking? Yeah...those...)

Yeah- I'm not looking forward to 5 days of 12hr drives- but I refuse to send my golden retriever by air- so it just has to be done...

(Tries to talk and my mouth is open but only the sound of escaping air is coming out!)

Hey at least I'm still breathing. Great new and looking forward to the 777!

Yes! Made my night ha. But Rob, are you guys in beta or are you not telling us this time? Good luck on the move!