Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

General Update on In-Development Products 04JUN12

Thanks for the update. For clarification though, will we have to pay for the 777 pdf manuals? If so That's a little disappointing, as I usually go through the manual as part of my assesment of whether or not I buy an aircraft for my sim.

Paul-

You must not be familiar with PMDG then- so please allow me to give you a quick primer on the details.

We create our products under a licensing relationship with the manufacturer. As part of this licensing relationship, beginning with the PMDG 737NGX we give you a set of manuals that is essentially the same as those you would receive if you were hired by an airline operating the type.

In the past we used to write our own manuals- and we would make them available by download from our site. Under this license agreement we lose that capability- but I think it is a good trade-off because we are able to give you the "real deal" instead.

(Note: I think our customers will back me on this one: Our NGX is realistic enough that the actual manual can serve a very good purpose... Some developers have gotten in the habit of throwing pirated copies of Boeing's PDFs into their product lines- but the hard reality is that 75% of what is in the manuals is not in the simulation... Our products are quite different in that we simulate even the tiny details- so you get pretty good bang for your buck, or Euro... or Drakma as the case might be.)

Through our relationships in the airline world, we are able to provide printed copies of our manuals for customers who want them. They are packaged in a couple of different ways- and you can find them on our website if you want more information.

If you want a set of manuals that really gives you the added experience with your simming- I recommend you check them out. They aren't cheap- but they are exceptionally good.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Great to hear some news on the Woodpigeon because rumours were rife that this had been shelved due to problems in animating the folding wings and simulating the appalling take-off performance (unless the runway had been mowed). Looking forward to the previews :)

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

Thanks Rob,

I'm familiar with the quality of your work. I own the 744 and MD11. Now I understand why you don't provide manuals any more. How do you currently prepare your manuals? Do you just delete the information on the functions that you don't simulate (eg wx radar, ACARS etc.)

I fully appreciate your commitment to excellence. As a rule, I don't fly any aircraft in FS if I can't operate it from the actual FCOM. That limits most of my FS flying to the 747 767 MD11 and MD80.

Perhaps it's time you started listing features that your aircraft does not simulate.

Thanks Rob,

I'm familiar with the quality of your work. I own the 744 and MD11. Now I understand why you don't provide manuals any more. How do you currently prepare your manuals? Do you just delete the information on the functions that you don't simulate (eg wx radar, ACARS etc.)

I fully appreciate your commitment to excellence. As a rule, I don't fly any aircraft in FS if I can't operate it from the actual FCOM. That limits most of my FS flying to the 747 767 MD11 and MD80.

Perhaps it's time you started listing features that your aircraft does not simulate.

To my knowledge, the only thing that isn't simulated in the MD-11 is the weather radar.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Than you for update, great job as always :yahoo:

You guys just got me into trouble from screaming and drueling all over the PC... :Drooling:

Above $40?

PMDG manuals? They are way more than $40 (three figures for a set). Though the NGX QRH is $70. Check them out.

Boeing or Airbus? I have no clue.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

PMDG manuals? They are way more than $40 (three figures for a set). Though the NGX QRH is $70. Check them out.

Boeing or Airbus? I have no clue.

ahh, never thought about even lloking on the manuals page before, that answers my question, thank you

Excellent!

Thanks for the update Robert.

Chris Howard

Good news !

a bit off-topic.. it looks like you guys have a good amount of dev´s, right? Working on multiple products at the same time is a huge task. By the way, is there a real "PMDG Office" somewhere? :)

Good news !

a bit off-topic.. it looks like you guys have a good amount of dev´s, right? Working on multiple products at the same time is a huge task. By the way, is there a real "PMDG Office" somewhere? :)

There's about nine of them working. The "PMDG Office" is whereever Robert is. Actually I remember a picture of it. It was just a chair in the middle of a barren room.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Thanks Rob,

Hi,

Just in case you didn't realise (and sometimes its not obvious) but if its the same as the NGX, you will get the manuals in PDF format with the product, you only need to pay if you want the professionally printed and bound manuals. PMDGs agreement with Boeing however means that the PDFs cannot be released separatly.