Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

General Update on In-Development Products 04JUN12

FROM WIKIPEDIA:

The Westland Woodpigeon was a British two-seat light biplane designed to compete in the 1924 Lympne light aircraft trials.

The Woodpigeon was a conventional wooden biplane[1] powered by a 32 hp (24 kW) Bristol Cherub III engine. Two aircraft were built; the second aircraft, registered G-EBJV flew in trials but was not successful.[2] The second aircraft was re-engined with a 30 hp (22 kW) ABC Scorpion and increased wing span in 1926 for the 1926 Lympne trials but again was not successful.[2] In 1927 the two aircraft were re-engined with 60 hp (45 kW) Anzani 6 radials and re-designated as Woodpigeon IIs [3]

General characteristics

• Crew: 2
  • Length: 19 ft 6 in (5.95 m)
  • Wingspan: 22 ft 9 in (6.94 m)
  • Empty weight: 439 lb (199 kg)
  • Gross weight: 779 lb (353 kg)
  • Powerplant: 1 × Bristol Cherub III, 32 hp (24 kW)

Performance

• Maximum speed: 72 mph (115 km/h)

300px-StateLibQld_1_192503_G-AUHU%2C_Westland_Widgeon_III_aeroplane%2C_ca._1928.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westland_Widgeon_%28fixed_wing%29

And what about the Dash-8? Haven't heard of it for some time...

Yuchen Leng
Maddog driver
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Hello Mr. Randazzo.

Great news, I´m a very big fan of PMDG, and I will not miss any of your aircraft to come. Taking into account how expensive type ratings really are it is incredible that you make such big things for those who love the real thing. Thank you for your good work, I really appreciate it.

Maybe it's a little bit soon but my question is if we bought the 747-400X and all variants, will there be a special price for those customers? Because once the v2.0 is out the other version will be useless for most of us.

Thank you and keep up the good work.

Michael Müller

Robert, thanks. If you have a moment, would it possible to get a discussion of the Dash? I know you mentioned at Munich that it had encountered issues in development, I'm wondering if you still think it's something you would like to get back to, presumably at some point after the 747.2. Do you think the project is still likely or is on semi-permanent shelving?

Thanks in advance from a devoted prop fan.

Doug-

Sounds like you might have gotten half of what I meant when I answered questions about the DHC-8 development at Munich....

When we initially laid out the "two product lines" plan- it was to have a highly complex airliner development process and a "thorough but not quite as deeply simulated" line of products operating at an inverted phase to the airliner cycle.

The JS4100 came from this cycle- but as we began to map out the DHC-8 we realized that we hadn't thought through the amount of heavy lifting required to do an integrated airplane such as the Dash. (The JS4100 is a "glass" airplane, but it does not have an integrated FMS... the DHC-8 does...)

For the purpose of our development process, creating the integrated systems on the DHC-8 really isn't a whole lot different than on the NGX or the 777 or the 744 if it is to be done correctly.

Rather than half-a_ _ the cycle, we put it on ice and refocused that team on something that wouldn't suck resources from the bigger development projects. I think if we were a major corporation we would say we had to "right size" the development cycle...

As for when/if/whether we bring it back to the front burner- I won't know that answer until we get the 777 out the door and evaluate our current 5 year plan....

I'll let you know when we do that eval tho!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

So good to hear you !

Thank you for your work, this is really exeptional.

What is nice with you, compared to some others. This is your professionalism.

It is remarkable and today, PMDG is an institution in the world of simulation.

Congratulations to all progress.

Good luck guys for the future !

Kevin

Kevin

Thanks, really it is appreciated.

I have some fun with being the public face of PMDG most of the time, but nobody should ever get the impression that I am the only one doing any work here. To put it another way: when the captain on your flight spends a lot of time on the PA, it means that the workload doubles for everyone else on the flight deck.

When we are really really deep in development I tend to post less frequently, and I know that frustrates people sometimes, but what you guys don't see is that I am the policy guy, but the fellow who really goes to bat on your behalf is Ryan.

Yes he has to be the heavy around here sometimes, but if I had a nickel for every time he comes to the team with issues to improve our customer handling or our product functionality, I would use that pile of cash to replace him with someone who is less pushy on your behalf. LOL...

We are in the deep deep part of the development cycle right now, but I see light at the end of the tunnel!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Great to hear on the DC-6, lookin forward to it, thats about all I have in my FSX Gold Sim are Vintage Propliners, from the Univer DC-2 to the JF DC-3 and default DC-3's to the JF Lockheed Constellations, some amped up Gumman Gooses, and freeware V-1 Vultee to CR1's Ford Tri-Motor and many other quality add on' propliners for FSX. Lst my Aircrafter utility checked it says I have 3100 Aircraft in my Sim. I currently operate with FSX Gold Acceleration, with an XFX 6850 Video Card 1 GB, with a Quadcore processor and 16 GB of Corsair RAM. Look forward to the DC-6 ! Captain I~FLY Wings. My YOU TUBE channel, mainly propliners or Vintage Jetliners. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt_WaiNUlio )

Sounds like you might have gotten half of what I meant when I answered questions about the DHC-8 development at Munich....

Thanks, I thought there was more to it. That sounds much better than I got from the video. I can wait, I'm not going anywhere. The DC-6 will keep me "virtually" happy for a few years.

Thanks Robert, Great update cant wait till the 777x and the 747 2.0 :D.

Thanks for the update.. really great news for sure..

that the PMDG WoodPigeon wasn't scraped and that that is still in the schedule.. with all that talk about all those fancy schmancy planes you do at the beginning I was getting woried.. but you came through in the end..who needs all that fancy computer flying stuff .. just bring on the WoodPigeon.. and yes I know, it will have to wait until after the 777 is released.

Ciao!

Hi Robert,

I saw you referencing a 747-400 v2.

I could be mistaken but didn't you announce a 747-800 in Munich ?

Just wondering...

Hi Robert,

I saw you referencing a 747-400 v2.

I could be mistaken but didn't you announce a 747-800 in Munich ?

Just wondering...

The 747-400 V2 is the new 747-400. The 747-8 will be an expansion pack like the 737-600/700.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Yes he has to be the heavy around here sometimes, but if I had a nickel for every time he comes to the team with issues to improve our customer handling or our product functionality, I would use that pile of cash to replace him with someone who is less pushy on your behalf. LOL...

:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:

guys, give us some eyecandy, I'm talking about effects around the airplane, please...

plus.. what about the -300? can't wait to convert my Air Canada "Vancouver 2010" repaint onto the pmdg T7 ^_^