Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

General Update on In-Development Products 04JUN12

ordered a new laptop so i can finally enjoy the NGX and the upcoming 777 without reducing the cockpit quality

PMDG when are you going to build the 737 max7/8/9 er/LR

The 737MAX is not going to be released since there is no performance anything out there. It won't be out for another few years.

Now, the 737ER will be released after the T7.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Rob,

thanks for the updates, sounds great

Hello Robert and dear P.M.D.G.

Thank you very much for your update about the future plans.

I would like just to ask you about in which release (or date) do you plan to add the possibility to select the engines types via FMC in 737NGX?

(I do not mean TO-1/TO-2/CLB-1/CLB-2 modes or assumed temperature. I mean to have possibility to choose the engines from 22K, 24K, 26K or 27K variants on e.g. 737-800 type and not to be forced to use only and always 26K engines as today)

Thank you very much for that replay (or link if already discussed),

Martin Dolecek,

Prague

Hello Robert and dear P.M.D.G.

Thank you very much for your update about the future plans.

I would like just to ask you about in which release (or date) do you plan to add the possibility to select the engines types via FMC in 737NGX?

(I do not mean TO-1/TO-2/CLB-1/CLB-2 modes or assumed temperature. I mean to have possibility to choose the engines from 22K, 24K, 26K or 27K variants on e.g. 737-800 type and not to be forced to use only and always 26K engines as today)

Thank you very much for that replay (or link if already discussed),

Martin Dolecek,

Prague

So operators have lower power engine variants?

Hope PMDG team wouldn't be offended if i answer instead of them. Ryan told me that it's too expensive to buy performance data for other engine ratings from Boeing. So they are developing only satndarts: 26K for the 800 and 900, 24K for the 700, 22K for the 600 and 900ER has 27K.

What is a woodpigeon?

A landmark FSX product being developed by PMDG which will be a true game changer and set a standard that few can follow. Well, unless they're expert in doing fireproof gaffer tape on rudders.

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

Hope PMDG team wouldn't be offended if i answer instead of them. Ryan told me that it's too expensive to buy performance data for other engine ratings from Boeing. So they are developing only satndarts: 26K for the 800 and 900, 24K for the 700, 22K for the 600 and 900ER has 27K.

Aren't the "different" engines actually all the same CFM56-7B engine, except that they are software derated by the FADEC? Given this, couldn't the "different" engines be implemented in a similar way to the FMC Thrust Limit fixed derates?

Capt. Randazzo,

many thanks for this update, it was a long time with no news from you indeed.

So, it would be nice to get the Triple7 close to Xmas 2012, it would be great!

Bye.

David-

Changing the thrust rating is far more complex than simply updating the software in the EEC...

You can derate your thrust in the NGX as it stands currently. But to give you an engine that has a lower (or higher, for that matter) thrust rating we need a significant amount of data in order to simulate the change accurately. For example, what happens to fuel burns, internal temperatures, EPR pressure ratios, etc...

Purchasing this data is significantly expensive- and would probably double the price tag of the NGX software- so we decided to give you a standard set of options from which you can work. Adding the ability to change your thrust setting via an FMS menu is so simple a chimp could do it... Simulating the resultant thrust change, performance changes, engine parameter changes and such- that takes quite a bit of data...

Honestly it simply isn't worth it in terms of financials or developer time...

A landmark FSX product being developed by PMDG which will be a true game changer and set a standard that few can follow. Well, unless they're expert in doing fireproof gaffer tape on rudders.

Hey Bill-

We are really struggling with development on the Woodpigeon... We are thinking about offering a "pay-to-alpha-test" since marketing incomplete versions of in-development software seems to be the new "norm" in FS development nowadays.

Maybe $50 for version 0.00.00001642316943b.

(Currently it is just a zip file with a README.TXT in it....)

You think anyone will bite? :LMAO:

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

David-

Changing the thrust rating is far more complex than simply updating the software in the EEC...

You can derate your thrust in the NGX as it stands currently. But to give you an engine that has a lower (or higher, for that matter) thrust rating we need a significant amount of data in order to simulate the change accurately. For example, what happens to fuel burns, internal temperatures, EPR pressure ratios, etc...

Purchasing this data is significantly expensive- and would probably double the price tag of the NGX software- so we decided to give you a standard set of options from which you can work. Adding the ability to change your thrust setting via an FMS menu is so simple a chimp could do it... Simulating the resultant thrust change, performance changes, engine parameter changes and such- that takes quite a bit of data...

Honestly it simply isn't worth it in terms of financials or developer time...

Hey Bill-

We are really struggling with development on the Woodpigeon... We are thinking about offering a "pay-to-alpha-test" since marketing incomplete versions of in-development software seems to be the new "norm" in FS development nowadays.

Maybe $50 for version 0.00.00001642316943b.

(Currently it is just a zip file with a README.TXT in it....)

You think anyone will bite? :LMAO:

with VC or model only? :P