Sign in to follow this  
Allan Burek

Did You Ever Wonder?

I know some Airlines like Emirates have their rests at the back of the Aircraft on the 777.

As far as i know, the ceiling located crew rests (flight and attendants) were introduced with the -300 ...

On the -200's the attendant rest, when installed, is in a container, on the lower cargo deck (LLAR: lower lobe attendant rest). Air Austral doesn't have those LLAR's on their -200ER, attendants have dedicated seats in business class....

777 flights so long they put mailboxes on the crew rest door.

Eric 

While the overhead rest compartment was introduced on the -300 series, it can be fitted to the -200 series as well, these days.

These kinds of topics are the reason I spent my life browsing forums. Very nice.

That airport looks really familiar!

Also for those that dont get to NYC area much, if you look at the building right before the 737's nose, that is the new One World Trade Center in progress.

Yeah sure does look familiar. Newark...

Damn the Trade centre has gone up fast!! I was there in late 2010 and it was pretty big then, but... Woah look at it now!... I remember when It was just an empty hole with a few diggers in 2008... Amazing progress!

Yeah sure does look familiar. Newark...

Damn the Trade centre has gone up fast!! I was there in late 2010 and it was pretty big then, but... Woah look at it now!... I remember when It was just an empty hole with a few diggers in 2008... Amazing progress!

The President is coming somtime in July to commemorate the end of upward construction.

If you get the chance you should take the PATH train over there to see how it looks from the ground up.

On topic (somewhat) I've not been in the 777, but I was in a Malev 767 and the crew rest was similar in appearance (possibly also location as I can't compare... yet).

It's strange what the mind remembers because all I remember thinking enroute to the 767 flight deck was "Why is there a step to get in the cockpit?"

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

If you get the chance you should take the PATH train over there to see how it looks from the ground up.

LOL... That would be some long PATH train ride!! I live thousands of miles away in the wet land Ireland.

Was there last October and it was looking pretty awesome then.

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I´ve had the priviledge to sleep in the crew rest area on a couple of occasions on 777-200ERs. In one of them it was a small area with two bunkers (one on top of each other) exactly like the picture from the OP immediately begind the flight deck on the left side of the acft. On the other acft it consisted of two first class seats with a curtain for isolation. I slept beautifully in both occasions, but only for a couple of hours because I couldn´t stay away from the flight deck, the lights were too pretty.