Sign in to follow this  
Chock

Thanks a lot

Sitting here very narked off after having had some twonk back his car into my (formerly pristine) 1960 Morris Minor and smash all the front end in. Just what you need eh?

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Sorry to hear that, Al. Morris Minors must be getting rare these days, especially ones in pristine condition.

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

It should do when the person had quite clearly been drinking and was refusing to give me his insurance details, in the hope that I'd settle for getting it bodged up in some dodgy back street garage for 200 quid.

However, what the plonker does not realise, is that when I phoned my insurance company, they were happy to do a PNC check on him and his vehicle, and so it's going to cost him a crapload more than that, especially since I also phoned the police and reported his refusal to cooperate and the fact that I suspected he had been drinking, not to mention the fact that I got the names of a load of witnesses and it was probably on some security cameras as well.

Al

Alan Bradbury

I feel for you Al , in Quebec with no fault insurance laws we cant sue over such infractions , but with most mirrors held on with tape it seldom comes up anyway....

No price will properly fix the front end of a Morris Minor. Their is a lot of amazing metal work in the front of that vehicle.

Sorry to hear about this Al.

Matthew Kane

The only thing I know about the Morris cars is that they seem to attract pianos from the sky...

That's the Marina/Ital (bloody awful car) - which coincidentally is where the engine in my Minor came from, since it now has a 1700 Marina engine in it as opposed to the original 1000cc lump that it had when it was built, which makes it a lot faster than a standard one, but unfortunately, not fast enough to reverse out of the way of some tool who didn't appear to know what a rear view mirror is for.

Al

Alan Bradbury

The only thing I know about the Morris cars is that they seem to attract pianos from the sky...

Not a very good convertible then I imagine!

In the USA, not waiting for law enforcement is considered leaving the scene of an accident.. a major offense. Granted, you can "work it out" between parties without the law around, but it's extremely rare. Having a police report saves allot of head aches with insurance, and false claims.

Sorry to hear about that at any rate.

since it now has a 1700 Marina engine in it as opposed to the original 1000cc lump that it had when it was built

Hello

I hope you told your insurance company...............

Yup, sure did. Spoke to them today, and it is actually on my insurance documents that it has that engine in it, so they are definitely aware of that.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Just got back from the place which is going to do the repairs to Badger, otherwise known as my Morris Minor, where I had gone to get a quote since the insurance assessor is coming tomorrow - apparently it is going to cost that guy's insurance company about 700 quid to put it right. Not as much as I thought, but that's good, because it means it will not be written off since that is very much less money than it is worth. :good:

Al

Alan Bradbury

Being a self-proclaimed "motorhead", this breaks my heart. I feel the pain. Good luck settling this, Al.

Stan