Sign in to follow this  
gman1986

Aerosoft to distribute navdata

I have just read from Aerosoft's forum that they are going to rival Navigraph and distribute navdata for FS community supplied by LIDO systems.

This is real world data and from what I have seen from LIDO systems will be top notch stuff.

Does this now mean that the NGX and future PMDG aircraft ie 777 and 747 will have a better chance of supporting the RF data in the FMC?

Thanks

Gavin Price

Guest dlrk

Always great to see a monopoly busted!

LIDO system. Thank you Lufthansa! :im Not Worthy: Maybe now we can get ILS rwy 26 at ESSA programmed in the FMC :)

Manfred G.

Ships are cooler that you think.

Now this is big. Have a link?

I don't have to many issues with Navigraph but there are things like I was on approach to EDDF in the LDS 767 and I selected 25R but it used the LOC for 25L and G/S for 25R. Very messed up! Sounds good to me!

I'm interested to see what they come up with...too many times I've selected a STAR in the NGX and the proper alt crossing restrictions aren't there.

Hi,

RF-Legs can be added with the current PMDG Navdata Format.

They just need to be interpolated with additional waypoints just like it is done with the AF-Legs. As they are generally available, it depends only on the parsers that convert the ARINC 424 File into the PMDG Format.

Jan-Paul

Got to love a bit of competition!

Chris Howard

Gents

We have been getting occasional briefs on this for... A few years now? Wow, time flies...

Our long range plan is to offer you the ability to choose between the providers. The LIDO data will be in arinc format and the navigraph will remain in the current format.

The timing of this availability will depend on a number of factors so I am not able to give you a timeline, but when it does happen it will be an option for the NGX, 777 and 747-400v2.0...

It will not be rolled back to any products released earlier then the NGX however!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I'm interested to see what they come up with...too many times I've selected a STAR in the NGX and the proper alt crossing restrictions aren't there.

Yeah, I've seen this occur way too many times to be just an isolated error. I hardly trust the Navigraph Stars or Sids as I see them in the FMC, I always have to pull up a chart and cross reference. To be fair, Navigraph data is very accurate, but I without fail I always see at least one or two crossing restrictions missing. Don't know how many here are KPHL "frequent flyers", but the Navigraph BOJID1 star is missing a vital transition to either runway 9 or 27, and I always have to type in the missing legs, very tedious work.

Anyhow, cross referencing with paper charts Is probably more realistic, I'm sure the real world crews don't take the route data in their FMCs at face value either.

Gents

We have been getting occasional briefs on this for... A few years now? Wow, time flies...

Our long range plan is to offer you the ability to choose between the providers. The LIDO data will be in arinc format and the navigraph will remain in the current format.

The timing of this availability will depend on a number of factors so I am not able to give you a timeline, but when it does happen it will be an option for the NGX, 777 and 747-400v2.0...

It will not be rolled back to any products released earlier then the NGX however!

Robert, so if I understand this correctly the aerosoft navdata will not be compatible with the MD-11 and earlier, dispite of the fact that it's been said on the aerosoft forum that it's the same format?

Please do correct me if I'm wrong..

The navdata will of course be compatible with the current format.

It will only be the new ARINC format that wont be compatible with the older aircrafts.

If you go with navdata pro you will be able to choose between the ARINC format or the current format.

If you go with navigraph you will only have the current one and no ARINC format.

Jan-Paul