Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

Make my day!

What? An Aerocache placed under a bridge? Those guys at MGS love me, they really do! Nothing could make me happier (well, in Flight anyway...)

I have the sensor turned off and I always start the hunt in Free Flight (thanks to Larry for suggesting this.) So, I took off from Pepeekeo and flew up the coast looking for bridges.

Found the first and flew under it.

Made it through, but no Aerocache.

A little ways up, another bridge...

Flew under it, but no Aerocache.

Next bridge on the list...

At last, my Aerocache. But, the fun isn't over yet. Just kept flying up the coast looking for more bridges.

No, I got cocky and... crashed!

Got the Bleeding Edge Award (100 crashes) while I was at it. But, you know what they say, if at first you don't succeed... So, I tried the bridge from the other side.

Made it. I shall spare you the pics, but I kept flying up the coast looking for bridges, and flying under all of them!

2 comments:

- Those of us in scenery design can appreciate the work that has gone into these bridges. The extrusion bridges are a simple and elegant solution and they look very good. Great work from the devs.

- There should definitely be an Award or an Achievement for flying under all the bridges in Hawai'ii. But, even if there isn't, that shall be one of my goals. :LMAO:

Best regards.

Luis

NO! NO! NO!

You CANNOT make up your own challenges for Flight!

You can ONLY chase hoops and coins and $100 hamburgers!

You MUST get bored!!!

:wink:

Haha I was just doing that in the Steerman before I logged to come check the forum. Bit of a squeeze to get that thing under them, but it looks awesome to see the upper wing glide right under the girders. I had a little mishap (death roll down into a canyon <_<) trying to make a hairpin turn and get back under one to continue along the beach.

Very nice pastime Luis. (If you don't mind I'll give it a try)

But I tend to agree with Rich; You must get bored before you start imagining things to do in Flight. :LMAO: Just%20Kidding.gif

Seriously, it just takes a little immagination to enjoy what one does, or.... to enjoy life.

This is really sad... :sad:

FLIGHT is indeed a game, for gamers and such looking to rack up points...

FLIGHT = Game

FSX/P3D/XP = Simulator

God I hope MS sees where they are going wrong and course corrects before they begin to see FLIGHTS numbers dwindle rapidly then instead of researching why all those folks left.... they blame it on the demise of flight simulators and move on to another 1st person shooter game.

FLIGHT in its present form is great for kids or adults looking to test the waters, but when they want more (AKA FSX) I'm afraid that FLIGHT simply won't be able to give it to them... all it will be able to offer is more Pacman-esq areocashes, cockpit less planes and maybe a new but limited scenery package you can fly over in your cockpit less plane.

PLEASE MS... were begging you!!!!

FS11 PLEASE!!!!

:Praying:

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

FLIGHT = Game

FSX/P3D/XP = Simulator

God I hope MS sees where they are going wrong and course corrects before they begin to see FLIGHTS numbers dwindle rapidly then instead of researching why all those folks left.... they blame it on the demise of flight simulators and move on to another 1st person shooter game.

FLIGHT in its present form is great for kids or adults looking to test the waters, but when they want more (AKA FSX) I'm afraid that FLIGHT simply won't be able to give it to them... all it will be able to offer is more Pacman-esq areocashes, cockpit less planes and maybe a new but limited scenery package you can fly over in your cockpit less plane.

PLEASE MS... were begging you!!!!

FS11 PLEASE!!!!

:Praying:

Perhaps you could take your sad begging to a more appropriate venue...

We're having fun playing our game in here...

Thank you so much, and best of luck to you. :biggrin:

(Turns on the "Hard core simmer" switch) BUT BUT FLYING UNDER BRIDGES IS IMPROPER FLYING! Your NOT allowed to HAVE FUN in a SIM! (Turns switch off) but damn its fun.... Try the swalom between the cargo cranes in Honolulu harbor. =)

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

Odd... I'm racking up hours, just as I do on the other sim. Maybe it's just me.

FLIGHT = Game

FSX/P3D/XP = Simulator

<snip>

<snip>

Well, I am an adult (ex Hard Core) who has been testing the Flight Simulator waters for 25+ years. FS9-FSX are great simulators, but I was not having fun with them anymore; on the other hand Flight is a game and I’m having a blast.

From what you wrote seems you are implying that FSX being a simulator is serious stuff, hence no fun and that MS Flight is a game, hence fun. I go with fun.

Live is way too short, my friend.

So what can I say? My beloved 737NGX is sitting cold on my hard drive since several months ago, while I pretend (simulate) flying in Flight. I’m doing VOR navigation, ILS approaches and enjoying the ride.

Have Patience, although I’m done with Hawaii and have few aircraft in my repertoire. I can wait for Alaska and whatever it brings on. Afterwards we will be able to make a fair assessment and predictions on the future of Flight.

I agree . Flight is what you make of it. If you want some fun - have fun! If you want some serious flying, then do some serious flying. But please don`t come here slagging it off because it`s not FS11. It never was,or will be, FS11. I think MS have put the fun back into flying. Let`just hope they don`t screw it all up because of a lack of quality DLC.

I'm back doing some design work in FSX (Ramon & Luis, I need to chat with you...) and to break the drudgery of designing I'll fire up a plane and check out the view. For the first four months of the year I was testing and enjoying Flight almost all the time. Back in FSX I noticed my landing and approaches were better than what I remembered. It almost looked like I knew what I was doing, after all these years. Made me wonder..., had Flight turned me into a better "simmer"? What a strange turn of events that would be, if it were so... :Thinking:

I remember flying under a bridge in FSX so FSX isn't a sim either. :wink:

I am an adult and it wasn't until Flight that I learned to navigate using VOR, to fly real world approaches (ILS, VOR, VOR//DME) and it also finally made me buy rudder pedals... So you couldn't be more wrong about Flight 'great for kids or adults looking to test the waters'. I am not interested in aerocaches and I also do not own a single plane without a cockpit. So in short: EVERYTHING you said is off the mark. The saddest part about your post is that you think it's sad when someone is having fun...

BTW Don't forget to read this: You Might Want to Read this Real Close

First, yes Luis, that Aerocache made my day as well :-) Me too followed the various bridges until I found the right one...

Since I didn't write down the aerocaches (a total of 84 now) I got, it's difficult for me to know from the MS FLIGHT site which aerocaches are still waiting for me. When Alaska becomes available I'll write it down, make a list!!!!

Second, when are some of you going to forget about MS FLIGHT being FS11 ???? I'm happy with FLIGHT just as it is. If you aren't, but you still feel fine with fs9, fsx, then GREAT, use and abuse them... I'll keep using and abusing MS FLIGHT, the first simulator in more than 25 years of flightsimming that really made me feel like flying!!!...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

• I sometimes fly ILS approaches at night in the fog.
  • I sometimes fly VOR between islands "just because."
  • I sometimes fly under bridges, awnings, through hangars, etc., because they're there.
  • I sometimes get down on the deck and go zooming between the trees because I like to scare the bejeeezus out of the squirrels.

The only difference between a game and a sim is how you use it. I use it however I damned well please. Pbthh! :P