Sign in to follow this  
FS737Pilot

What % of the 777 project is complete?

I wonder if anyone over there will figure that out and tell their test pilots that they could get a lot more done if they didn't have to service pack their dot releases? :Thinking:

Even if they do, they won't because it might affect their cash flow :P

Hey this, pay the developer so I can test the software for them, sounds a lot like the airline cadetship paradigm...

David-

Ah! YES! I knew I'd seen this claptrap someplace before. LOL Leave it to the airlines to come up with such a scam, eh?

Honestly- as a simmer I find it offensive that developers are so eager to get our money that they want us to pay to see unfinished work... When they tell me that they are doing it "based on your demands" I tend to laugh... Reminds me of the used car salesman's pitch. Just sounds like a scam and in my opinion it has nothing to do with customer request and it has no impact on the ultimate release date- it is all about getting you to fork over your money for something that isn't finished.

Any of you who were/are teenage boys will recall employing this scheme while dating, I'm sure...

But hey- maybe some developers need your money in order to keep going- so.... to each their own.

At the end of the day I'd rather release to you a product that is finished and fully operable so you can get the satisfaction of knowing you aren't purchasing something half baked.

Again- all of the above is just my personal opinion as an avid sim consumer...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

not that I haven't thought about it,but I'd rather spend the extra money on a scenery add-on(eagearly awating EDDL), (or non-competeing plane),than buy a Cripple 7 twice.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Just to get things right, the only reason that they released it so early was because they were being basically harassed by the customers on their forums (if you go there, you'll see all these WHEN??!!?! threads), and so they basically released an incomplete product to get the monkey off their backs while customers when to go entertain themselves with their shiny new 777. So I see where they're coming from.

Also, I don't see a problem them charging for the incomplete version, because you get a free upgrade to v1.0, and thus you save 20 euros.

Why? It's a happy topic.

Amen! I don't understand why people are like 'LOCKED. DELETED. THIS ONE IS HEADED SOUTH'... :LMAO:

Again- all of the above is just my personal opinion as an avid sim consumer...

It doesn't seem like you'd have to pay for ANYTHING in the FS market?!?

All you would have to do is say something likethis:

Greetings FSX developer,

My name is Robert S. Randazzo, your opinion is invalid now give me the download to the installer for your product.

Sincerely,

- Chuck Norris (RSR)

:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:

To be honest, that looks like two 13y old kids, fighting in school or something. The way CS is doing it might be, because they dont have enough money to continuously pay their developer. Well, maybe its not because of this but that does not mean that they should be put in such a bad spotlight. They made the same thing with the 737-200 and i have to say, that i liked it. I dont know about the 777 because i will buy the PMDG one, but i think its hard enough to develop such an aircraft. Its not something that you do in a month or two and that can become very expensive.

All you would have to do is say something likethis:

Greetings FSX developer,

My name is Robert S. Randazzo, your opinion is invalid now give me the download to the installer for your product.

Sincerely,

- Chuck Norris (RSR)

:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:

LOL

if that were true.....

Maybe it is......Rob???

Maybe only on condition that PMDG doesn't make a competing product lol. I wonder who is making that Woodpigeon? lol :D

Lee

Sent using Tapatalk

Funny that he mentions a "race" regarding the 777 - does he not realise that PMDG play in such a different league it isn't even the same sport?

That doesnt matter for a lot of users who just want to take the plane and fly, without following checklists, procedures and so on..

That doesnt matter for a lot of users who just want to take the plane and fly, without following checklists, procedures and so on..

Exactly, that isn't exactly the user base PMDG aim to cater for - hence my comment.

What is the % chance my microwave burrito is going to be nice and soft in the middle, and rock frickin hard at the ends after 3mins? Probably higher than the completion % of the T7 at this point. Lol

:LMAO: From someone who has been eating burrito's lately I can say your 100% spot on. I just cut the ends off and feed them to the dog. :)

So, they want to use a 777 for bush flying? strange tastes....

Seriously, WTH? Whoever is "Captain Sim" in the other forum is very unprofessional.

That's the Admin saying that. Honestly, it just shows they're watching this project and clearly nervous. Let me say one thing which explains that company as one, I suggested they change the Textures are they're too light. Their response was "We don't want to redo the photoshoot". God they don't even need to leave their chair!! I remember why I left following those guys.

That's the Admin saying that. Honestly, it just shows they're watching this project and clearly nervous. Let me say one thing which explains that company as one, I suggested they change the Textures are they're too light. Their response was "We don't want to redo the photoshoot". God they don't even need to leave their chair!! I remember why I left following those guys.

That's the reason you left? I thought most people don't bother since they're yet to released a finished product.